- 2,776,930 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- John Wayne Cast as Hamlet: A Great Joke About the Plays and Language of Shakespeare
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 4 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Daily Archives: July 16, 2008
PZ Myers is Wrong About Host Desecration: An Agnostic Urges Other Agnostics and Atheists to Shun PZ Myers Until He Reaffirms Liberal Values
University of Minnesota biologist, PZ Myers, has seriously dug-in on the host desecration issue, once again confirming his illiberalism. In an interview with the Minnesota Independent this week, there was this exchange: MnIndy: Has the outrcry over your post given you second thoughts … Continue reading
PZ Myers and The Iconoclastic Temptation: Five Ways that a Cathedral Icon and a Communion Host Are Similar, and Two Reasons This Makes PZ Myers an Iconoclast
Five ways that a cathedral icon of the Virgin Mary and a communion wafer are similar: Both a Virgin Mary icon and a communion wafer are fashioned for a sacred purpose. Cathedral icons and communion wafers are used for purposes of ritual, symbol, … Continue reading
Christopher Hedges Doesn’t Believe in Atheists—and Neither Do I: A Review of Hedges’s Most Recent Book, and Why PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins Would Do Well to Read It Too
In light of PZ Myers’s recent flirtation with atheist illiberalism and iconoclasm, and Richard Dawkins’s knee-jerk defense of him, I think that thoughtful liberals, both secular and religious, might consider reading Christopher Hedges’s most recent book, I Don’t Believe in … Continue reading
my fist opened like a pill bug and in my palm a pond and i a goldfish in that pond
I’ll Take an Evangelical Free Thinker over a Rigid, Emotionally Closed Off Atheist Anytime: Why Atheists and Agnostics Shouldn’t Be Defending PZ Myers
PZ Myers’s emotional rigidity and his digging in on his position that it’s okay to get a priest, under false pretenses, to give you a consecrated wafer so that you can take it home and desecrate it, reminds us that: The real … Continue reading
When students first come to a community college, and take the placement tests, they are sometimes shocked to discover that they’re not yet ready for English 101 etc. The short item below, from today’s Inside Higher Education, suggests that bringing a readiness test to … Continue reading