- 2,819,848 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Best Explanation, Ad Hoc Explanation, and Occam's Razor
- The Center Does Not Hold: Bastard Christianities
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: August 2008
Straight Talk Shock: McCain Tells Fox News He Had ONE, and ONLY ONE, Serious Meeting with Palin Before Offering Her the VP Spot—Then Misleadingly States That Palin Opposed the “Bridge to Nowhere”
In the below video interview with FOX News, McCain reveals that he met with Palin ONCE, on Thursday of this past week—and then offered her the VP job the next day, on Friday! In other words, he barely knows her. In total, McCain … Continue reading
McCain’s VP Pick Appears to Have Abused Her Office, and Lied About It: Sarah Palin’s Troopergate Scandal Is Not Complicated and Can Be Easily Recounted
Josh Marshall, of Talking Points Memo, nicely sums up Sarah Palin’s troopergate scandal: We rely on elected officials not to use the power of their office to pursue personal agendas or vendettas. It’s called an abuse of power. There is … Continue reading
“Palin is as Tough as Nails”: On the First Day of Sarah Palin’s VP Rollout, Camille Paglia is Impressed
According to the Times of London (August 31, 2008), literary and cultural critic, and author of Sexual Personae, Camille Paglia, is impressed by McCain’s VP pick: “We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,” … Continue reading
“Alaska is the Closest Part of Our Continent to Russia”: Cindy McCain Makes Alaska’s Proximity to Siberia a Foreign Policy Qualification for Sarah Palin!
The brazen insincerity of Cindy McCain’s response, the lack of adult seriousness, the wrecklessness, and the underlying contempt for the intelligence of voters that it represents, would be funny if this were a faux news clip from the ONION. But it’s not. … Continue reading
McCain’s Troopergate Problem: VP Pick Sarah Palin Caught in a Blatant Lie and Abuse of Power Scandal Investigation
The Washington’s Post’s Charles Krauthammer’s response to McCain’s Palin VP pick: To gratuitously undercut the remarkably successful “Is he ready to lead” line of attack seems near suicidal.
Back in late October of 2006, during the Alaska governor’s race, in an interview with the Anchorage Daily News, Sarah Palin seems to have talked about the age of FOSSILS as an example of something that reasonable people might have different … Continue reading
Low-Lying Fruit and the Temptation of John McCain: By Obama Not Picking a Woman VP, McCain Thought, “I’ll Do It—and the Presidency Will Be Mine!”
The weak bench of Republican female politicians may prove to have been John McCain’s undoing. At some point over the past week, McCain realized that there was not a single politically moderate female politician in the Republican party who also had substantial gravitas and … Continue reading
Who’s the Mature Grown-Up Now?: McCain’s Selection of Sarah Palin for VP Sharpens the Distinctions Between Obama and McCain—to McCain’s Detriment
Suddenly, it’s Obama-Biden that looks like the mature, sober, grown-up ticket to ride. For months McCain has been tauting his foreign policy sobriety and experience, parading around the Middle East with dour and seasoned daddy-figures like Joseph Lieberman and Lindsay Graham. … Continue reading
Fatal Attraction: With VP Pick Sarah Palin, John McCain Wrecks His Moderate Brand and Reminds Voters He’s OLD
John McCain’s VP pick may prove to be his presidential bid’s “fatal attraction,” for in this single decision, McCain does three things: (1) perhaps ruinously damages his centrist brand, picking a far-right running mate; (2) reminds people that he is … Continue reading
Christopher Frilingos’s Spectacles of Empire: Monsters, Martyrs, and the Book of Revelation (University of Pennsylvania Press 2004) is a great academic text about the Book of Revelation, but it is also a fascinating uncovering of Roman cultural curiosities. The author, for example, … Continue reading
Answer: According to BBC’s website, about 50,000 adult men. Constructed in the 70s CE, the ancient elliptical amphitheatre was originally called the Amphitheatrum Flavium, and was the largest stadium in the Roman Empire. The Book of Revelation, in its imagery and … Continue reading
“This Could Be Ballgame Over”: CNN’s Jack Cafferty and His Viewers React to McCain’s Apparently Ill-Considered VP Pick, Sarah Palin
She’s a woman, like Hillary Clinton, but the comparison stops there. Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political near beer—Sarah Palin?
Senator McCain Gives Us “Diet Hillary!”: VP Pick Sarah Palin Is a Tepid Substitute for Pro-Choice, Super-Smart Hillary
Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political Diet Coke—Sarah Palin?
What was John McCain thinking? Clearly, his advisors and pollsters told him, if he wanted a serious shot at being president, his VP pick had to excite: the Republican base (read fundamentalist Christians) and women who wanted Hillary for president This … Continue reading
David Frum, after just one day of rather tepid “Palinmania,” questions McCain’s judgement: The longer I think about it, the less well this selection sits with me. And I increasingly doubt that it will prove good politics. The Palin choice … Continue reading
According to Allison Mendell, an Alaskan attorney who has followed Sarah Palin’s career, McCain’s VP pick is not warm and cuddly with gays: “She spoke on radio programs all throughout the campaign saying, ‘I want a constitutional amendment, I think these … Continue reading
If 72 Year Old McCain Wins, Will a Young Earth Creationist Be One Health Crisis from the Presidency?
It appears that John McCain’s VP pick, Sarah Palin, is a young earth creationist. Back in late October of 2006, during the governor’s race, the Anchorage Daily News reported the following: “It’s OK to let kids know that there are … Continue reading