- 2,772,843 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 1 week ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 1 week ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Re 2️⃣9️⃣1️⃣ above in Tampa FL, it appears the woman police were abusing is actually a child twitter.com/drewthehouse/s… 3 weeks ago
Monthly Archives: August 2008
Straight Talk Shock: McCain Tells Fox News He Had ONE, and ONLY ONE, Serious Meeting with Palin Before Offering Her the VP Spot—Then Misleadingly States That Palin Opposed the “Bridge to Nowhere”
In the below video interview with FOX News, McCain reveals that he met with Palin ONCE, on Thursday of this past week—and then offered her the VP job the next day, on Friday! In other words, he barely knows her. In total, McCain … Continue reading
McCain’s VP Pick Appears to Have Abused Her Office, and Lied About It: Sarah Palin’s Troopergate Scandal Is Not Complicated and Can Be Easily Recounted
Josh Marshall, of Talking Points Memo, nicely sums up Sarah Palin’s troopergate scandal: We rely on elected officials not to use the power of their office to pursue personal agendas or vendettas. It’s called an abuse of power. There is … Continue reading
“Palin is as Tough as Nails”: On the First Day of Sarah Palin’s VP Rollout, Camille Paglia is Impressed
According to the Times of London (August 31, 2008), literary and cultural critic, and author of Sexual Personae, Camille Paglia, is impressed by McCain’s VP pick: “We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,” … Continue reading
“Alaska is the Closest Part of Our Continent to Russia”: Cindy McCain Makes Alaska’s Proximity to Siberia a Foreign Policy Qualification for Sarah Palin!
The brazen insincerity of Cindy McCain’s response, the lack of adult seriousness, the wrecklessness, and the underlying contempt for the intelligence of voters that it represents, would be funny if this were a faux news clip from the ONION. But it’s not. … Continue reading
McCain’s Troopergate Problem: VP Pick Sarah Palin Caught in a Blatant Lie and Abuse of Power Scandal Investigation
The Washington’s Post’s Charles Krauthammer’s response to McCain’s Palin VP pick: To gratuitously undercut the remarkably successful “Is he ready to lead” line of attack seems near suicidal.
Back in late October of 2006, during the Alaska governor’s race, in an interview with the Anchorage Daily News, Sarah Palin seems to have talked about the age of FOSSILS as an example of something that reasonable people might have different … Continue reading
Low-Lying Fruit and the Temptation of John McCain: By Obama Not Picking a Woman VP, McCain Thought, “I’ll Do It—and the Presidency Will Be Mine!”
The weak bench of Republican female politicians may prove to have been John McCain’s undoing. At some point over the past week, McCain realized that there was not a single politically moderate female politician in the Republican party who also had substantial gravitas and … Continue reading
Who’s the Mature Grown-Up Now?: McCain’s Selection of Sarah Palin for VP Sharpens the Distinctions Between Obama and McCain—to McCain’s Detriment
Suddenly, it’s Obama-Biden that looks like the mature, sober, grown-up ticket to ride. For months McCain has been tauting his foreign policy sobriety and experience, parading around the Middle East with dour and seasoned daddy-figures like Joseph Lieberman and Lindsay Graham. … Continue reading
Fatal Attraction: With VP Pick Sarah Palin, John McCain Wrecks His Moderate Brand and Reminds Voters He’s OLD
John McCain’s VP pick may prove to be his presidential bid’s “fatal attraction,” for in this single decision, McCain does three things: (1) perhaps ruinously damages his centrist brand, picking a far-right running mate; (2) reminds people that he is … Continue reading
Christopher Frilingos’s Spectacles of Empire: Monsters, Martyrs, and the Book of Revelation (University of Pennsylvania Press 2004) is a great academic text about the Book of Revelation, but it is also a fascinating uncovering of Roman cultural curiosities. The author, for example, … Continue reading
Answer: According to BBC’s website, about 50,000 adult men. Constructed in the 70s CE, the ancient elliptical amphitheatre was originally called the Amphitheatrum Flavium, and was the largest stadium in the Roman Empire. The Book of Revelation, in its imagery and … Continue reading
“This Could Be Ballgame Over”: CNN’s Jack Cafferty and His Viewers React to McCain’s Apparently Ill-Considered VP Pick, Sarah Palin
She’s a woman, like Hillary Clinton, but the comparison stops there. Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political near beer—Sarah Palin?
Senator McCain Gives Us “Diet Hillary!”: VP Pick Sarah Palin Is a Tepid Substitute for Pro-Choice, Super-Smart Hillary
Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political Diet Coke—Sarah Palin?
What was John McCain thinking? Clearly, his advisors and pollsters told him, if he wanted a serious shot at being president, his VP pick had to excite: the Republican base (read fundamentalist Christians) and women who wanted Hillary for president This … Continue reading
David Frum, after just one day of rather tepid “Palinmania,” questions McCain’s judgement: The longer I think about it, the less well this selection sits with me. And I increasingly doubt that it will prove good politics. The Palin choice … Continue reading
According to Allison Mendell, an Alaskan attorney who has followed Sarah Palin’s career, McCain’s VP pick is not warm and cuddly with gays: “She spoke on radio programs all throughout the campaign saying, ‘I want a constitutional amendment, I think these … Continue reading
If 72 Year Old McCain Wins, Will a Young Earth Creationist Be One Health Crisis from the Presidency?
It appears that John McCain’s VP pick, Sarah Palin, is a young earth creationist. Back in late October of 2006, during the governor’s race, the Anchorage Daily News reported the following: “It’s OK to let kids know that there are … Continue reading