- 2,503,548 readers since June 2008
- anita on What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Elijah Leon on David Berlinski defends God’s role in the Holocaust: “God did not protect his chosen people…[but] did…smite their enemies, with generations to come in mourning or obsessed by shame.”
- John on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sue on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- x on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Tori Lahaye on Why was Socrates Put to Death?
- Anonymous on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Julien Myrrhe on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Þögul ástríða eða villtar nætur? – Bókaskápur Ástu S. on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Vickie on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sakib on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Santi Tafarella on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: September 2008
The Game of Life is Hard to Play. You’re Gonna Lose it Anyway. So Why Not Watch The Da Vinci “Last Supper” Scene from the Original MASH Film (1970)?
Katie Couric Asks Sarah Palin What Newspapers and Magazines Have Shaped Her Thinking Over the Years—And Palin Can’t Come Up with a Single One!
The New Republic? The Weekly Standard? Foreign Affairs? Commentary? National Review? The New York Times? People Magazine? Christianity Today? The Atlantic Monthly? The National Enquirer? Charisma? What are we to make of a VP candidate who clearly doesn’t read, or follow the … Continue reading
“Let’s Do the Time Warp Again”: Two People Accidently Walk-in on McCain-Palin Campaign Headquarters, 2008
Eight more years?
“Groove is in the Heart”: Do This Magic Dance with Miss Torso and Break the McCain-Palin Icky Spell Over Our Nation!
Yes, I feel the spell is lifting now. Play again to levitate Wall Street.
Four Minute Vacation: Got the Stock Market and McCain-Palin Funky Ticket Blues? Then Head on Down, with the B-52s, to the Love Shack!
Tintoretto’s St. George and the Dragon: A Painting Dedicated to Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Exorcist and Vanquisher of Mama Jane, the “Witch” of Kiambu
Sarah Palin’s exorcist, Thomas Muthee, on Mama Jane: When we began to recognize who—or what—Mama Jane really was, Margaret and I set ourselves to prayer.
What Does Thomas Muthee Say Happened to Mama Jane? Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Tells What He Did to Mama Jane, the “Witch” of Kiambu
I recently located a book, written in 1997, that tells Thomas Muthee’s tale of Mama Jane, the “witch” of Kiambu. The book is by George Otis and titled, The Twilight Labyrinth: Why Does Spiritual Darkness Linger Where It Does? It’s published by … Continue reading
“The Sunday Shakespeare Society”: A Charming Notice, from 1934, of a London Group That Met Once a Month to Read Shakespeare’s Plays Aloud
William Kent, in his 1934 book London for Shakespeare Lovers (Methuen & Co.), in the “Useful Information” section at the back of the book, had this rather charming notice (on pg. 174): The Sunday Shakepeare Society was founded by the late Dr. … Continue reading
Mental Health Break from Wall Street and the Icky John McCain Campaign: Shiny Happy People REM Videoclip
The Sound of Silence: In Her Interview with Katie Couric, Sarah Palin Didn’t Know of a Single Supreme Court Case Apart from Roe v. Wade! She Simply Fell Silent When Asked!
This is outrageous. CBS is not releasing part of the interview that Sarah Palin did with Katie Couric. Why? Because it would be embarrassing to her! From Politico today: Of concern to McCain’s campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed … Continue reading
not uh oh nor oh no but ah so
“Like a Tortoise Retracting Its Limbs”: The Bhagavad Gita as Literature, and Its Doctrine of the Two Selves
One of the most enduring pieces of world literature is the Bhaghavad Gita. And one of the keys to reading the Gita is to understand its doctrine of the two selves. In the Gita the two selves are: the “big … Continue reading
Down Orwell’s Memory Hole: Read Here the Sarah Palin AP Article That FOX News Axed from Its Website—and Was Then Retrieved by Bradblog.com
Conservatives Begin Questioning Palin’s Heft by Associated Press Sunday, September 28, 2008 http://elections.foxnews…questioning-palins-heft/ A growing number of Republicans are expressing concern about Sarah Palin’s uneven – and sometimes downright awkward – performances in her limited media appearances. Conservative columnist … Continue reading
See a great Sarah Palin “movie trailer” here.
Question: What is poetry, really? Answer: Joe Cocker in translation.
Who will win this week’s VP debate? Sarah Palin and her zombie-like enthusiasts? Or the ever flailing, mic-hoarding, and cocky Joe Biden?
Jimmy Kimmel: “John McCain showed up without running mate Sarah Palin, which is a shame because she actually has a lot of experience with financial matters. You know, she lives right next to a bank.” See a full definition of … Continue reading