- 2,882,158 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Gay Marriage and Thomism
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Fight or Flight? Two Ways to Read Matthew Arnold's Poem, "Requiescat" (1849)
- Does Emily Dickinson Call Herself "the only kangaroo among the beauty" in One of Her Poems?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: September 1, 2008
An Itsy-Bitsy Thing McCain’s Perfunctory Vetting Process Missed: For Two Years, in the 1990s, Sarah Palin May Have Been a Member of an Alaska Secessionist Group!
Oops. John McCain, on Thursday, when he met with Sarah Palin, forgot to ask her this little question: Before I invite you onto the ticket with me, you’ve never, like, you know, been involved with any groups advocating Alaska’s secession from the United States, or … Continue reading
How McCain Made a Big Political Sausage: The New York Times Reports on the Perfunctory Vetting of VP Pick Sarah Palin (Think Upton Sinclair’s “The Jungle”)
Money quote from the NY Times report on McCain’s vetting of Sarah Palin: A series of disclosures about Gov. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain’s choice as running mate, called into question on Monday how thoroughly Mr. McCain had examined her … Continue reading
On the DVD Looking for Richard (a documentary), Al Pacino tells a great joke that goes something like this (I’m paraphrasing): In a city stage production, John Wayne is cast as Hamlet. On the opening night, characteristically, Wayne struts about the … Continue reading
She Felt Their Pain, Then Stopped Feeling It: The Anchorage Daily News Details VP Pick Sarah Palin’s Support for—then Opposition to—The Bridge to Nowhere Federal Project
The Anchorage Daily News details Sarah Palin’s flip-flop on “The Bridge to Nowhere” Federal Project. Money quote: When John McCain introduced Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate Friday, her reputation as a tough-minded budget-cutter was front and center. “I … Continue reading
VP Pick Sarah Palin’s Flip-Flop: She Was FOR the Federal “Bridge to Nowhere” Before She was AGAINST IT
This appeared in the Times of London TODAY: [I]n a first unsettling revelation – which the McCain camp will hope does not become a pattern – the Anchorage Daily News reported yesterday that when she ran for governor Mrs Palin … Continue reading
Sarah’s Lifelong “Staycation” Habit: Over Her Lifetime, Sarah Palin Has Left the Continent of North America Just TWICE
According to a September 1, 2008 Times of London profile article on Sarah Palin, prior to becoming governor of Alaska (population 560,000), she had been off the continent of North America just ONCE in her lifetime—on a vacation to Ireland! Here’s the full list, according to the … Continue reading