- 2,823,878 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- James Jeans and John Updike: A Scientist's Postulation and a Literary Figure's Reply
- Liberated Woman Come Home?: A Female Version of the Prodigal Son
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Daily Archives: September 4, 2008
Dealbreaker: Why Sarah Palin’s Apparent Belief in Young Earth Creationism Makes Her Unfit to Be A Health Crisis Away from the Presidency
I’ve heard some people say (and I’m paraphrasing), Sarah Palin may prove to be, not just someone who believes in God, or someone who believes that God plays a role in evolution. She may, rather, be someone who reads Genesis … Continue reading
According to Salon.com, Palin got her first passport in her forties: Palin . . . applied for her first passport less than a year ago, in 2007 — and then only to make a routine visit as governor to Alaska … Continue reading
Ten Million: The Amount of Money That Obama Raised in the Hours After Sarah Palin’s 2008 Republican Convention Speech
Evidence that Sarah Palin polarizes the electorate: ten million dollars flowed into the Obama campaign via the Internet after her speech. Ouch. And focus groups of Michigan independents appear distinctly under-enthused about Palin’s convention debut. Here’s two focus group participants: … Continue reading
Is Elitist Code for Uppity?: On the Last Day of the 2008 Republican Convention, a Georgian Congressman Hits the Obamas with the U-Word
The Hill reported today that a Republican congressman, bluntly and without apology, used the “U-word” to describe the Obamas: Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland used the racially-tinged term “uppity” to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama Thursday. Westmoreland was … Continue reading
Like the early 20th century populist William Jennings Bryan, Sarah Palin is also, apparently, a young earth creationist, and her 2008 Republican Convention speech shows that she has an unusual gift for stirring populist emotions. A quote from William … Continue reading
Experience is Humanity’s “Least Fallible Guide”: Conservative George Will Makes a Conservative Case Against McCain’s VP-Pick, Sarah Palin
George Will of the Washington Post says that the Palin VP pick is not in accord with traditional conservative sobriety and caution. Money quote: The word “experience” appears 91 times in the Federalist Papers, those distillations of conservative sense and … Continue reading
Unwarranted Palin Belief: Conservative David Frum Suggests That If Palin Proves to Be a Plus For McCain, It Will Be the Result of Luck, NOT the Product of a Measured, Rational Decision
David Frum of National Review, on Sarah Palin the day after her 2008 Republican Convention speech: From the beginning, the internal controversy (such as it is) over Sarah Palin has been a controversy not about Palin herself, but about John … Continue reading
Cindy McCain’s $300,000 Heartland Outfit: Alex Koppelman of Slate Ironically Skewers the Faux Populism of the Republican Convention
Alex Koppelman of Slate on the third night of the 2008 Republican convention: You know, when the days get darkest for me, when it seems like there’s no hope left in this country, I’m always cheered by the fact that … Continue reading