- 2,885,888 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Censorship Watch: For Sake of Mohammad, Valentina Sereni Seeks Ban on Dante, Gustav Dore, William Blake, and Botticelli
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: September 5, 2008
Non-Overlapping Magisteria?: The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) on Evolution, Religion, and Intelligent Design
Harvard Biologist Stephen J. Gould’s “non-overlapping magisteria” argument presented by the AAAS:
Eleanor Clift, Unconflicted as a Woman in Her Opposition to Sarah Palin, Says She’s “With the Polar Bears”
Washington Post columnist, Eleanor Clift, is unconflicted about her opposition to Sarah Palin’s politics: A radio talk-show host thought she was putting me on the spot. “As a woman, are you torn?” she asked. “No, this is easy for me,” … Continue reading
Darwin Toast? I Mean, Really, Darwin on a Piece of Toast! Or on a Wall. Multitudes Make Pilgrimage to See the Great Scientist’s Mysterious Apparition
Today from the Onion: DAYTON, TN—A steady stream of devoted evolutionists continued to gather in this small Tennessee town today to witness what many believe is an image of Charles Darwin—author of The Origin Of Species and founder of the … Continue reading
“Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds”: Is Sarah Palin THE ONE That Conservatives Have Been Waiting For All of Their Lives?
Over at Powerline, conservative Paul Mirengoff writes, We conservatives have had a good time ridiculing the Obama phenomenon, especially its messianic feel — the willingness of its adherents to pour so much hope and belief into such an empty, or … Continue reading
Via Teleprompter, “She’ll Talk Directly to the American People”: McCain Campaign Surrogate Mocks the Notion that Sarah Palin Needs to Make Herself Available for Interviews and Questions From The Press
The following video is so gross to watch, I simply don’t know what to say. The cynicism is bottomless: When a national party can shield its candidates from interviews and press conferences, how is democracy to function properly? How are … Continue reading
Orwell’s 1984 Comes to Election 2008: Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic Reports That VP-Pick Sarah Palin WON’T Be Taking Press Questions Anytime Soon
How gross is this? A candidate for vice-president, brand new to the national stage, will not be allowing herself to be subject to press questions? How can you evaluate a person’s position on issues, and the quality of her mind, if … Continue reading
Family Feuds and Dueling Banjos. ABC NEWS Lays Out Troopergate, Clear as a Bell: The Allegation That Sarah Palin Abused Her Power as Governor Trying to Get an Ex-Brother-in-Law Fired. Is There Anything to It?
Would Someone in the Press PLEASE Ask Sarah Palin a Simple Question: “Are You a YOUNG Earth Creationist?”
From her teen years forward, VP-pick Sarah Palin has attended church at fundamentalist denominations—most notably the Assemby of God denomination. In other words, she frequents churches that promote YOUNG earth creationism. She has also said emphatically that she believes that … Continue reading