- 2,886,393 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Two Arguments Against Thomism
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) on the Success and Survival of Shakespeare
- Voltaire's Passionate and Intellectual Mistress, Emilie, Marquise du Chatelet (1706-1749), on Life and Happiness
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: September 16, 2008
Back to the Middle Ages? An Italian Woman Satirizes the Pope and Finds Herself Being Subject to Prosecution Under the Lateran Treaty
According to the Wall Street Journal this week, Sabina Guzzanti, an Italian woman who joked about the pope, may be subject to prosecution under the Lateran Treaty: The possible prosecution of an Italian comedienne shines a light on the Lateran Treaty, … Continue reading
The Tragedy of The “Witch” Mama Jane: Sarah Palin, Thomas Muthee, and the Times of London Article on a Kenyan Witchhunt
In June of 2008 Sarah Palin praised Kenyan pastor Thomas Muthee before an Assembly of God congregation, recounting his powerful prayer over her as she was running for governor of Alaska. But today, the Times of London did a fascinating … Continue reading
The Times of London’s Shocking Article on Thomas Muthee, the Witch Hunting Kenyan Pastor Who Laid Hands on Sarah Palin at Her Pentecostalist Church Before She Ran for Governor
What is Sarah Palin’s connection to Thomas Muthee, the witch hunting and demon vanquishing pastor from Kenya? The Times of London did an investigative article on the connection, and it’s rather shocking. Read about it here.
Sarah Palin and the Exorcist: Before She Ran for Governor, a Kenyan Witch Hunter and Demon Vanquisher Laid Hands on Her and Said, “Lord Make a Way”—and the Lord Apparently Did!
The Times of London reports today on Sarah Palin’s curious connection to the witchcraft and demon hunting Kenyan pastor, Thomas Muthee: The pastor whose prayer Sarah Palin says helped her to become governor of Alaska founded his ministry with a witchhunt against a … Continue reading
McFlip. McFlop. Flip-Flop. Flop. Flop. Flop. McCain Sinks with His “The Fundamentals of the Economy are Strong” Line. Glub. Glub. Glub.
Is John McCain Serious—or Seriously Out of It? “The Fundamentals of Our Economy are Strong.” Really?
“The Fundamentals of Our Economy are Strong.” John McCain’s Herbert Hoover Moment on the Very Day That Lehman Brothers Goes into Bankruptcy
If Obama speaks about the economy like this for the last weeks of the campaign, he’ll win:
Vanity of Vanities Saith the Preacher: Does Sarah Palin Spending $35,000 of Taxpayer Money on a Tanning Bed for the Governor’s Mansion Make Her Look Like a Hypocrite?
Sarah Palin presents herself as a Christian conservative—but it’s hard to discern a Christian or a conservative principle that would justify putting a $35,000 tanning bed in the Alaska governor’s mansion at taxpayer expense. Isn’t Sarah Palin supposed to be, … Continue reading
Sarah the Zealot: It Appears That Sarah Palin Has Been an Anti-Abortion Picketer Who, on at Least One Occasion, Intimidated Patients Attempting to Enter a Physician’s Medical Office, Disrupting the Doctor’s Practice
According to Baptist minister Howard Bess, who has known Sarah Palin since the 1990s, Palin is so vehemently opposed to abortion rights that she even, on at least one occasion, engaged in aggressive picket activities against an abortion doctor. His … Continue reading
In a Salon.com Article, Wasilla Resident Philip Munger Claims that Sarah Palin Told Him She is a Young Earth Creationist and a Believer in the Imminent Return of Jesus (in Her Lifetime)
According to a report in Salon.com, Philip Munger, a Wasilla resident who has had local political run-ins with Sarah Palin, says that Palin believes in both young earth creationism AND the imminent second coming of Jesus (in her lifetime). Money quote from … Continue reading
The Afghan-Pakistan War: Nelson Fraser of The Spectator Writes of the Expanding War that Dare Not Speak Its Name
Pakistan has just switched up leaders, and has nuclear weapons, so nobody much wants to talk about it, but the War on Terror is fast expanding from Afghanistan into Pakistani territory. Nelson Fraser of The Spectator wrote an important article on this … Continue reading
“I.O.U.S.A”: This is the Title of a Film Documentary on the National Debt that Premiered at Sundance in 2008—and My Guess is that It’s Going to Get a Lot More Attention in Light of the Global Markets Crisis
Here’s the film trailer for I.O.U.S.A: And here’s Greenspan on the crisis:
In this video clip over the weekend, Greenspan set the current economic crisis in the financial markets in historic terms, thus implying that what we’re seeing is something akin to the 1929 collapse in the stock market (which triggered the … Continue reading
“Move On” is giving away free Obama buttons for those interested. I got one this morning: http://pol.moveon.org/obamabuttons/?id=-10654799-xEuGRUx&rc=ads.adwords.ng.img728x90