- 2,589,442 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- busty on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Maria C. on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- J on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- iranblogknew.ir on Trump’s VP Pick Mike Pence a Homophobe
- irancorporate.ir/ on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- edwardpalamar on Was Jesus the Only One to Rise from the Dead on Easter Weekend?
- collin237 on Thinking Critically about Critical Theory
- BestAurelio on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Rachel Jennings-Tafarella on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.2: Notice Where Arguments Start And Stop
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.3: Worldview
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.4: Spanning The Bridge From Logical Possibility To Truth
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method — Prometheus Unbound – „Ingerii sunt spirite inaripate, prietene cu spiritul tau inaripat.“ on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- "Symbols": A Poem by Christina Rossetti
- Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.6: Moving From First Sentence To Thesis
- A Mini-Course in Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.16: Thinking Critically About Beauty, Art, And Literature
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 4 months ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 6 months ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 2 years ago
Daily Archives: September 24, 2008
Eros and Thanatos: A Gorgeous Image of Dionysus, Discovered at Pompeii, Standing Alongside a Tranquil Vesuvius BEFORE It Had Exploded
A two thousand year old image of Dionysus, discovered at Pompeii. Dionysus giveth, and Dionysus taketh away:
“Those of us who teach at Christian colleges write with the knowledge that our books may get us fired.” Christianity Today Reviews Richard Dawkins’ “The Oxford Book of Science Writing” and Brings Up the Delicate Issue of Intellectual Censorship at Evangelical Colleges
Under the ironic and provacative title, “No Science Please: We’re Evangelical,” Christianity Today just gave Richard Dawkins’ new anthology of science writing a POSITIVE review. The review also urged Evangelicals to stay open to the discoveries of science, including those … Continue reading
“We come against the spirit of witchcraft! We come against the python spirits!”: Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Sexist Witch Hunting Supporter, Preached in Wasilla This Week—and Max Blumenthal of the Huffington Post Was There!
This weekend, Max Blumenthal of the Huffington Post went to Wasilla Assembly of God to see Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s exorcist and witch hunting supporter, preach. He smuggled in microphones and tiny cameras so that he could get some documentation of what he … Continue reading
“We Have Found a Witch, May We Burn Her?”: A Monty Python Retort to Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Exorcist Supporter, Thomas Muthee
Given Sarah Palin’s link to Thomas Muthee (see here), a Kenyan witch hunter and exorcist, and all the irrationality that witch hunting and exorcism in the 21st century entails, this seemed like a fitting retort:
Over at Physorg.com, a science news website, there is an article on how scientists are trying to bring pre-Big Bang speculation into the realm of the empirical. For example, one of the theories that has been bandied about by scientists is … Continue reading
If You’re Wondering Why Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, is so Obsessed with Witches, This BBC Report on Witch Hunting in Kenya is Helpful
Apparently, witch fear and hunting is widespread in Kenya. Money quote from a May 2008 BBC report on 11 elderly people who were literally burned as witches in eastern Kenya: The mob dragged them out of their houses and burned them individually and … Continue reading
Edward Larson’s book, Evolution (Random House, 2004), is scientific, intellectual, and social history at its very best. The author seamlessly weaves: 1. basic recountings of the SCIENCE undergirding evolution, the BIOGRAPHIES of the scientists making contributions to evolutionary science, and the social CONTROVERSIES generated by evolution … Continue reading