- 2,885,885 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: September 25, 2008
Is John McCain Old Man Potter—and Barack Obama Jimmy Stewart? The 1929 Bank Run Scene from “It’s a Wonderful Life”
Economics 101: Paul Krugman Explains How 2008 is Like 1929—and Why We Don’t Have to Repeat Depression-Era History
Back in March of 2008, six months before the current financial crisis, Paul Krugman, in an ominously titled opinion piece for the NY Times (“Partying Like It’s 1929”), explained, in the clearest fashion that I’ve seen anywhere, what a credit … Continue reading
Still More Context on Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee: Witchcraft Fear is Widespread in Kenya and the Catholic Church Has Long Struggled Against It
In December of 2007, Digital Journal had a brief item about rampant witchcraft superstition in Kenya, and the Catholic Church’s struggle against it. Money quote: In Nairobi, Kenya one of the biggest challenges for the Roman Catholic Church according to the Catholic … Continue reading
More Context for Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee: In May of 2008, FOX News Reported on Witch Hunting in Kenya
I’m surprised that Fox News hasn’t taken this down from its website, but here is its report (posted in May of 2008) on a witch hunting incident in Kenya: A group of up to 300 young men have burned to death 11 … Continue reading
Antisemitism and Thomas Muthee: Sarah Palin’s Exorcist, Thomas Muthee, Not Only Sees Witches in Medieval Terms, He Also Sees Jews in Medieval Terms
Andrew Sullivan directs our attention to the 1 minute 20 second point of the video below. It is there that Thomas Muthee talks about the need for Christians to enter the world of banking and big business in greater numbers, supplanting unbelievers and “Israelis” … Continue reading
Scapegoating Mama Jane: An Evangelical Book on Missions Tells the Story of Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Supporter, Thomas Muthee, and the Woman He Accused of Witchcraft—Mama Jane
I’ve been able to locate yet another major Evangelical book, written in 2000, but reprinted in 2008, that tells the story of Thomas Muthee’s rise to power in Kenya, and makes mention of his driving off from Kiambu a woman named … Continue reading
Is Sarah Palin a Wizard of Oz Humbug?: “Pay No Attention to That Woman Behind the Teleprompter Curtain,” Saith John McCain!
Glenn Greenwald Weighs in on Sarah Palin’s Creepy Isolation from the Media, and Declares That It Is “Conclusively, Disturbingly Clear” That McCain is Shielding Palin from Scrutiny by Voters
At the end of her debate with Joe Biden, Sarah Palin signalled that she would be speaking to the American people without the filter of the mainstream media. Translation: She won’t be taking questions from the press, and she’ll be … Continue reading
And below are Cindy McCain and a Fox News host making a similarly mendacious “point” about Palin’s Russian foreign policy experience:
And notice St. Mark’s briefly behind them:
Katie Couric Flusters Sarah Palin with Simple Questions. Here’s One of Them: In All His Years as a Senator, Can You Give Examples of John McCain Supporting More Regulatory Oversight of Wall Street?
Still no Sunday morning show press interviews. Still no press conferences. But after seeing Sarah Palin’s bleak performance with Katie Couric, no wonder the McCain campaign so strictly manages Palin’s exposure to the press, and only doles out interviews in trickling, homeopathic … Continue reading
Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin, and WITCHCRAFT: Is 21st Century Belief in REAL WITCHES Not Just Intellectually Incoherent, But SEXIST?
Thomas Muthee, when he prays over Sarah Palin, doesn’t talk about a spirit of “warlock craft” being broken over the nation, does he? And when he infamously, and literally, drove-off a person from Kiambu, a city in Kenya, that person was … Continue reading
“Ridding the world of demons—and witches.” See Here Thomas Muthee Pray Over Sarah Palin Against the Spirit of “Witchcraft”—and a Monty Python Retort
Thomas Muthee prays over Sarah Palin, May 2005: Here’s an AP account of Sarah Palin describing her experience being prayed over by Thomas Muthee: On a visit to the church in June 2008, Palin spoke fondly of the Kenyan pastor … Continue reading