- 2,825,398 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- Howard Nemerov and Learning from History
- Henry James' "The Last of the Valerii": Breaking the Spell of Religion?
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Daily Archives: October 2, 2008
Joan Walsh of Salon.com thinks Biden won the debate, and that Palin made two key blunders that may linger and dog her: There were two key moments for me when Sarah Palin blew it badly. One was substantive, one was … Continue reading
When Will Sarah Palin Hold a Press Conference? And When Will She Make the Sunday Show Rounds? One of Her Answers During Her Debate With Biden Suggests NEVER
Did anybody else catch this? Toward the end of the debate, Palin said she’d like to have more opportunities to talk with the American people, but “without the filter of the mainstream media” (or words to that effect). And I noticed … Continue reading
Watching the debate, I thought that Biden was a reasonable, stable, seasoned voice in very stormy times. By contrast, Palin’s shrill, winking, mendacious, and patronizing “aw shucks” style began to grate on me, especially through the second half of the … Continue reading
Is George Bush Herbert Hoover, and Henry Paulson Thomas Lamont? See Nouriel Roubini’s latest, and sobering, take on the possibility of a bank run here.
1929 2.0?: Nouriel Roubini of Forbes, an Extremely Serious and Astute Market Analyst, Says We Could Soon See “The Mother of All Bank Runs”
Reading Roubini today is extremely sobering. He thinks the global economy is getting worse, even as we speak. Goldman Sachs and Morgan may have to be bought up by Japanese companies. And he’s not sure that the 700 billion package will be … Continue reading
From “Up On the Roof” to “Through the Roof”: Kurzweil AI.net Says Solar Industry to Grow to 100 Billion Dollars by 2013
Money quote: Solar is poised for continued impressive growth, with new installations primed to increase nearly five-fold from 2008 to 2013. Starting in 2009, however, supply will exceed demand, leading to price decreases. According to the new report from Lux … Continue reading
“I’m Not a Rich Man”: Yes, John McCain Really Just Said That. See It Here. A Fiddler with the Truth Deserves a Response from The Fiddler on the Roof
Fiddling with the truth: Fiddler on the Roof:
Barack Obama and Race: A Union Leader Powerfully, and with Deep Emotion, Calls on Us to Speak Out Against White Racial Prejudice Wherever It is Directed Against Barack Obama. We Must Not Be Silent When Racists Speak Racist Things Out in Public About Obama
Below is an emotional Richard Trumka of the AFL-CIO. Powerful. Moving.
Euripides’ Bakkhai in a nutshell: In this brilliant video, the seemingly controlled and establishment sanctioned unleashing of “happy eros” in the 1950s devolves into gender-bending and psychic (as well as physical) break down within a few decades. This is “No … Continue reading
Thomas Gainsborough’s Daughters Hold Hands. One Reaches for a Butterfly. The Other, Holding a Feather, Looks On. There is an Element of Impulse and Restraint in the Painting That Echoes Michelangelo’s Moses
One girl seems thoughtful, and may be holding a feather that will become a quill pen. The other seems more impulsive. Like Michelangelo’s Moses, tugging back at his beard to restrain his anger and energies, I see one girl slightly … Continue reading