- 2,824,362 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater Believed in UFOs
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Daily Archives: October 7, 2008
Source: Brett Marty’s website.
“Maverick, Maverick!” & “Malkovich, Malkovich!”: John McCain’s Campaign Mantra Reminds Me of the Nightmare Scene from Being John Malkovich
Maverick. Maverick. Malkovich. Malkovich.
Two of the debate observers quoted at Andrew Sullivan’s blog: Ezra Klein: Tonight was supposed to be John McCain’s night, but it was the first clear debate win Obama has scored over the course of this campaign — including the … Continue reading
TPM Online reports the first post-debate numbers: The post-debate snap polls are out, showing that Barack Obama won the debate. In CNN’s poll of debate-watchers, Obama won by a 54%-30% margin. In the CBS poll of uncommitted debate-watchers, Obama won … Continue reading
John McCain Goes Mucho Negativo! Yikes! When You’ve Got Nothing to Say About the Economy, Turn the Subject to Obama
“That One” and “Thatone”: Will “That One” Become “Thatone”—the Defining Moment of Debate 2 Between McCain and Obama?
What did Republican John McCain mean when he called Barack Obama “that one”? Here’s the clip: Is it a sign of contempt (as Andrew Sullivan thought)? Or worse? Is it a sign of dehumanizing objectification—with racial overtones? In other words, is … Continue reading
Money quote from his live blogging of the second debate: This was, I think, a mauling: a devastating and possibly electorally fatal debate for McCain. Even on Russia, he sounded a little out of it. I’ve watched a lot of … Continue reading
5:57 Pacific Time: Before this gets started, my guess is that McCain will do poorly. 5:58 I think that Obama unnerves him, and while McCain is good in these “townhall” venues when he is alone, I suspect that standing alongside Obama … Continue reading
And And reason too.
A calm and reasonable person in the White House. Can you dig it?
Are the McCain-Palin Rallies Putting Obama’s Life in Greater Danger Than It Already Is? An Israeli Observer of American Politics Offers a Disturbing Parallel Between This Election and The Election of Yitzhak Rabin
An Israeli reader of Andrew Sullivan’s blog thinks the overheated atmosphere surrounding McCain-Palin rallies (with some individuals in the crowd yelling out “kill him!” and shouting that Obama is a “traitor” and “terrorist”) is disturbingly reminiscent of the period before an assassin took Yitzhak … Continue reading
“Keep Up the Good Work”: Sarah Palin’s Chummy Anti-American Associations with Joe Vogler and the Alaska Independence Party
Journalist David Talbot, of Salon.com, today did a shocking profile of Sarah Palin’s Alaska Independence Party associations. Disturbing. Here’s the article: “My government is my worst enemy. I’m going to fight them with any means at hand.” This was former … Continue reading
October 7, 2008: Another Strong Polling Day for Obama-Biden. Things Look Especially Good in Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New Hampshire. Obama-Biden May Even Be Tied with McCain-Palin in Indiana
UNHINGED: McCain-Palin Rallies Attract Some Mentally Unstable People Shouting Things Like “Treason,” “Terrorist,” and “Kill Him”—And the Campaign Doesn’t Rebuke Them
See this report on the Weimar Germany angry mob-like atmosphere at McCain-Palin rallies here. And see McCain tolerate a crowd member calling Obama a terrorist here: This is John McCain’s Republican Party. And Sarah Palin’s Republican Party. Icky.
George Bush Goes Lower than Nixon: In Net Public Approval/Disapproval Number Bush Opens Up a Historic Chasm of -45
President Low Approval High Disapproval High Margin Bush 2 25 70 -45 Clinton 36 50 -14 Bush 1 29 60 -31 Reagan 35 56 -21 Carter 28 59 -31 Ford 39 45 -6 Nixon 24 66 -42 Johnson 35 52 … Continue reading