- 2,885,885 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: October 12, 2008
One of the most promising young comedians of the 1980s was Steven Wright, but he only put out one album: I Have a Pony. Roy of Hollywood, an iconic late night hippie FM radio DJ for KPFK in Los Angeles, used … Continue reading
McCain’s having a bit of message incoherence:
Great Mashup: Sinister “Who is Barack Obama?” Ad Opening Followed by McCain’s Conciliatory Rally Response
What McCain giveth with his far-right hand, he taketh away with his peace-making left hand:
Countdown to Obamageddon Begins: In EXACTLY 100 Days, the Bush Presidency Will End and the Obama Presidency Will Begin
October 12, 2008 (today) marks the beginning of the 100 day countdown to the end of the Bush presidency (January 20, 2009). And if Obama wins on November 4, we’ll see the beginning of his presidency. For right-wing hysterics, January 20th, … Continue reading
Nobody Around Him Objects: A Man Holds a Racist Obama Monkey at a McCain-Palin Rally—but When a Camera Focuses on Him He Slips It to a Kid in the Crowd
No More Torture: See Here a Gorgeous and Moving Declaration of Human Rights. This is What the Obama Era Will Feel Like. We’ll Recover Our Better Selves, Both as Americans and World Citizens
Image source: BrettMarty.com
Ever Given Yourself Over to Someone—or Something—That You Wish You Hadn’t? John McCain Did—to the Right Wing of His Party. But Now There’s Palinex, The Morning After Pill for Political Impulsivity
Forbes Magazine Says That a US CITIZEN, Inside the US, Was Given GITMO-Style Torture on a Military Base, and Was Literally Driven INSANE. What’s Happened to Our Constitution Over the Past Eight Years? No 5th Amendment Protection Against Torture? No Habeus Corpus Rights for a US Citizen?
Forbes magazine, printing an AP report, says that: A U.S. military officer warned Pentagon officials that an American detainee was being driven nearly insane by months of punishing isolation and sensory deprivation in a U.S. military brig, according to documents … Continue reading
Palin is Once Again a No-Show on the Sunday Morning Programs. And She Still Hasn’t Done a Press Conference
Sarah Palin might find herself president if Republican John McCain wins this election, and dies in office. And she clearly doesn’t believe in basic democratic openness, transparency, and accountability. She won’t testify at hearings into her behavior in the troopergate … Continue reading
John McCain as Prince Hamlet: To Insinuate that Obama is a Terrorist, or to Not Insinuate that Obama is a Terrorist, That is the Question?
John McCain is getting LOTS of contradictory advice these days. Here’s what the NY Times (today) says is dividing Republicans in Colorado: [N]o subject has more divided Republicans than the one that has been a matter of disagreement in the … Continue reading
“Being Gay is Wrong”: A Georgetown University Medical Student is Accosted by Two Muslims for Being Gay, Is Told That He Would Be Stoned if He Was in Their Country of Origin, and Is Then Assaulted, According to a DC Police Report
An incident of religiously motivated anti-gay violence occurred in Washington DC this week, according to the Washington Blade: Two men who identified themselves as Muslims were charged with assaulting a gay man in Georgetown after one of them said gay … Continue reading