- 2,886,737 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Fight or Flight? Two Ways to Read Matthew Arnold's Poem, "Requiescat" (1849)
- Trump's New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: October 14, 2008
“Moses got his ears pierced? What else didn’t we know?”: Novelist Garrison Keillor on His Week of Religious Doubt
Garrison Keillor writing in Salon.com today: The Scripture reading in church Sunday gave me a jolt — Exodus 32, which refers to the Chosen People wearing earrings, men as well as women, and I twitched when the lector read it. Yikes! Moses … Continue reading
“Cool Poise”: Novelist Garrison Keillor Endorses Barack Obama—Admiring His Equanimity in the Face of Ridiculous Personal Attacks and Innuendo
Garrison Keillor today on Barack and Michelle Obama: The campaign against him is not one that anybody will point to with pride in years to come. It is a long trail of honking and flapping and traces of green slime, … Continue reading
Chart Source: FiveThirtyEight.com Nationally, McCain is trailing by about 8 percentage points with three weeks to go. This means that he needs to make up, on average, about 3 points a week to catch and surpass Obama. McCain better have … Continue reading
Oct. 31st is BARACKOWEEN: Scare Your Far-Right Neighbors. Make a Groovy Carved Pumpkin for Obama—a “Barack-O’-Lantern”
Must See Film?: Conservative NEW YORK POST Runs an Enthusiastic Review of Oliver Stone’s Movie About President Bush (Titled “W”)
Liz Smith, of the conservative newspaper, The New York Post, says that Oliver Stone’s new film on President Bush is a winner. Of the casting of the president, Smith says: Josh Brolin, as the president who doesn’t know what he … Continue reading
In Scranton Today, at a Palin Rally, Yet Another Person Yelled Out From the Crowd, “Kill Him!”—Referring to Obama
The Times-Tribune, a Pennsylvania newspaper, reports that, once again, a man attending a Palin rally, shouted out from among the crowd—“kill him”—referring to Obama: Chris Hackett addressed the increasingly feisty crowd as they await the arrival of Gov. Palin. Each … Continue reading
Are we entering the “Age of McCain”—eight years in which America, itself seemingly gentrifying and on the decline, is led by a septuagenarian president who is fast heading toward the age of 80? Or are voters starting to register the … Continue reading
Reality Check: McCain Has His Work Seriously Cut Out for Him. And Because of His Age, Will McCain Really Have the Energy, Mental Alertness, and Physical Stamina to Turn This Map Around?
Electoral College: Obama 329, McCain 169 Toss-up 40 (270 to win) National popular vote: Obama 50.0%–42.0% McCain (Dark Blue (280): Obama +7.0% or more Lean Blue (49): Obama +2.6%-+6.9% White / Toss-up (40): Obama +2.5% to McCain +2.5% Lean Red … Continue reading
Republican Enthusiasm Slumps in the Stretch: Gallup Poll Finds a Nine Point Drop Since September in Republican Enthusiasm for Election
This just in from Gallup: The poll . . . finds that enthusiasm among Republicans has dropped nine points since September.
The above image is from an Xbox 360 video game (“Burnout Paradise”). The times they are a’ changin’. And McCain doesn’t know how to get on the Internet?