- 2,886,740 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Fight or Flight? Two Ways to Read Matthew Arnold's Poem, "Requiescat" (1849)
- Trump's New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Daily Archives: October 30, 2008
With Just 84 Hours of Campaign Time Left Before Election Day, Obama Continues to Look Strong in the Polls
Perhaps the Ickiest Ad of the Campaign Season: Fundamentalists Turn Proposition 8 into an Issue of Armageddon-Sized Proportions
If you live in California, vote no on 8 (if, for no other reason, to deny the hysterics who made the ad below a victory based on insighting apocalyptic fear and religious alarm against the gay community). The video below is at … Continue reading
Because my dad was a big Neil Diamond fan, I’ve heard this song all my life—and yet missed Albert Camus’ name in the lyrics. I also missed Ramakrishna and Whistler’s mother. This YouTube catches them all: How did I miss … Continue reading
Same old. Same old.
Gross McCarthyism: In the Final Weekend Before the Election, McCain-Palin Desperately Try to Tag Anti-Semitism on Obama
It is hard to imagine, after the Holocaust, a grosser McCarthy-like slander, than to call someone an anti-semite who is clearly not—or insinuate that a person is associated with, and is sympathetic with the causes of, anti-semites. Obviously, Barack Obama is … Continue reading
IS prayer and worship the expression of longing and inner dialogue (directed to a projected self)? And when religion turns fundamentalist, is it because this metaphorical self is LITERALIZED? In short, does fundamentalism mistake the metaphor for something REAL (like a bee trying … Continue reading
Up from Slavery, and into the Polling Booth: Amanda Jones, a 109 Year Old Woman Whose Father was a Slave, Just Voted for Barack Obama
Below is a quote from a profile article that appeared in an Austin, Texas newspaper today. This election is part of America’s story. History is being made before our very eyes—and we are a part of it. Are you with Amanda … Continue reading
“And if I claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that I don’t know”: Socratic Skepticism in a Kansas Song (1976)
Rising above the noise and confusion of the herd—to other noises and other confusions?:
According to KARE 11 television in Minneapolis, Republicans are blatantly playing the race card in a congressional contest in Minnesota: A Republican attack ad invites viewers to “meet the real Ashwin Madia,” but the still photos featured in the spot … Continue reading
For eight years, the Republican party, led by George Bush, has set a mindless echo-chamber of religious stupidity and psychological hysteria around the American public—cynically playing on people’s bigotry and fears—and discouraging our hopes. But the rhetorical and media cage that far-right Republicans have constructed around our … Continue reading