- 2,825,461 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Henry James' "The Last of the Valerii": Breaking the Spell of Religion?
- Two Interesting UFO Documents: The "Smith Memo" (1950) and Physicist Robert Sarbacher's 1983 Letter
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 11 months ago
Daily Archives: February 2, 2009
IRAQ GOES SECULAR? By Bitter Experience with Religious Sectarian Politics, Have the Iraqis Learned to Love RICHARD DAWKINS?
Well, not exactly. But the thesis of New York Times’s Baghdad reporter, Mudhafer al-Husaini, is that the Iraqi elections were a vindication of SECULAR (as opposed to religious) politics: The initial results showed good gains for secular parties and Prime … Continue reading
Mental Health Break (after Thinking about George Bush’s One Million Iraqi “Commas,” Here’s a Song for the “Period”)
At the end of the line, after perhaps a number of clauses, and commas marking their course, there should be a PERIOD, and there it is.
The Nation revisits the question: How many Iraqis have died from Bush’s Iraq war? Answer: About one million. Money quote: [B]etween 800,000 and 1.3 million “excess deaths” as we approach the six-year anniversary of this war. That’s a lot of Hegelian commas. … Continue reading
Did the New Republican Party Chairman, Michael Steele, Try to Lie His Way Out of Some Indiscreet Remarks? And Did He Really Compare Stem Cell Research Doctors to Nazi Holocaust Doctors?
So says Salon.com today: He got in trouble in 2006 for making some unguarded remarks disparaging then-President Bush to a group of reporters. His name was supposed to be kept off the comments, but when it quickly became obvious who … Continue reading
ENVIRONMENTALISM 101: A Conservative Tries to Explain to Other Conservatives Why He’s Concerned about GLOBAL WARMING
At conservative David Frum’s NewMajority.com website, John Murdock does his best to explain why Drudge headlines and Al Gore hatred should not be the engine that drives Republican “thinking” on global warming: For hundreds of thousands of years, CO2 has … Continue reading