- 2,820,329 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Daily Archives: April 10, 2009
Back in Dr. Laura Schlessinger’s Orthodox Jewish days, she was very obnoxious toward gay people, making snarky statements about them. But since she stopped declaring herself a practicing Orthodox Jew, she seems to have mellowed considerably toward the gay community. … Continue reading
SPEAK CRAZY TO POWER: Video of a Right Wing Glenn Beck “Tea Bag Party” Shows People Talking Paranoid about Obama and Calling for the Burning of College Evolution Textbooks!
In the below video, a Glenn Beck inspired “tea bag party” goes weird with displays of paranoia, conspiracy, and authoritarianism, culminating in a hysterical woman (at the 4:48 mark) calling out, without irony, “Burn the books!” (by which she means the … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan Apologizes for Comparing Larry Summers to a Christ Killing Jewish Moneylender in a Hieronymus Bosch Painting
For this Andrew Sullivan got some grief from at least one reader, and has apologized on his blog: Oy. In my survey of Getty photos for the Face Of The Day, I thought that one of Summers was a gripping … Continue reading
Hieronymus Bosch Christ Killers, Larry Summers, and Andrew Sullivan: Michael Weiss, of New Criterion, Calls Out Andrew Sullivan for Reinforcing an Anti-Semitic Caricature
After my own posting on Andrew Sullivan comparing Larry Summers to a Jewish Christ-killer caricature in a Bosch painting, I noticed that Michael Weiss, at New Criterion, also saw what I did, and laid in on Andrew Sullivan for it: “See if … Continue reading
Christian Antisemitism? Andrew Sullivan, Larry Summers, and Christ Killers in a Hieronymus Bosch Painting
Last night, the Atlantic’s Andrew Sullivan posted this image of Barack Obama’s chief economics advisor, Larry Summers: And this morning, a reader directed Sullivan to the Bosch painting below, suggesting that Summers bore a striking resemblance to the Jewish character … Continue reading
At Democratia.com, Birmingham’s Gina Khan writes movingly of her efforts to overcome the fear and oppression instilled in her by the religion of her youth, and the inspiration that Ayaan Hirsi Ali is to her: I admire Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the … Continue reading