- 2,777,509 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- Martha Nussbaum's Question: How Can We Activate Our Imaginative, Critical, And Moral Intelligences Against Invisibility?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 week ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Monthly Archives: August 2009
Karma cleanser: Feel better now?
I didn’t know about this place. Interesting.
People who try to suggest that UFOs are in some way responsible, over the millenia, for the direction of human cultural and religious evolution, sometimes appeal to curious images such as this one as potential evidence: The above painting is titled “The … Continue reading
Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
And June Crane says she had a high level clearance for her job. At the age of 72, she decided to break her silence. Her testimony, from a History Channel UFO Files segment, starts at 2:20 in this clip: . What are … Continue reading
M51 Galaxy: Photograph: NASA
I think it’s fair to say that “old school” atheists of previous generations, like Baron d’Holbach and Albert Camus, share a number of beliefs with the New Atheists of the 21st century. For example, “old school” atheists would agree with the … Continue reading
I wouldn’t mind the atheist tag—if that is what I was. Atheism has a more than respectable intellectual pedigree and it has brought enormous levels of freedom and intellectual intelligence into the world. I wouldn’t want to be in a … Continue reading
Is it true that, as atheist biologist Jerry Coyne recently put it at his blog, “[T]here is no evidence for any divine being . . .” I don’t think so. God belief, like atheist belief, is an inference that people … Continue reading
Darwin’s Dilemma: A New Intelligent Design DVD Documentary on the Cambridge Explosion is Set for Release (September 2009)
Illustra Media is the outfit that produced the two Intelligent Design DVDs: Unlocking the Mystery of Life and The Privileged Planet. As an agnostic who is open minded with regards to Intelligent Design arguments, I found both of these documentaries … Continue reading
Science is driven by naturalism. It’s a tool for discovering material causes for material events. You can’t use the tool for any other purpose. But here’s why science is not, therefore, a tool for atheism: Both the atheist scientist and … Continue reading
There’s so much beauty in the world, isn’t there? Do you think the universe was made, or did it simply happen? Why do so many tiny, mundane parts seem to add up to something larger? It’s as if each moment is a line … Continue reading
A researcher into UFOs that I respect (Richard Dolan) thinks that there might be something to this curious 1991 UFO incident video recorded by Space Shuttle Mission STS-48: I suspect the two flashes that initiate the video sequence are the shuttle … Continue reading
In my ongoing quest, the past few weeks, to discover what I think of UFOs and the UFO-believing community, I purchased a copy of UFO Magazine (Issue #150) at my local Barnes & Noble and found something that surprised me. There … Continue reading
That is, the New York Times says so. And he died a Christian: Mr. Kennedy spent his last hours in prayer, Father Tarrant told a Boston television station, WCVB-TV. Mr. Kennedy had told friends recently that he was looking forward … Continue reading
I don’t think so. In fact, I see very little evidence of New Atheists having much of a sense of humor at all. New Atheists are very good at making fun of religion. But in terms of laughing at themselves, or … Continue reading
This segment of the UFO documentary, Out of the Blue , features in its first half the UFO testimony of Professor Robert Jacobs. Jacobs, in the 1960s, was in the military and he recounts an amazing UFO event that changed his … Continue reading
Well, no. But probably not alien spacecraft caught in passing either. What’s likely being imaged in these NASA photos are probably human-generated debris orbiting from previous space missions, but they certainly look otherworldly, don’t they? NASA has removed these pictures from its site. How … Continue reading