- 2,823,865 readers since June 2008
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- James Jeans and John Updike: A Scientist's Postulation and a Literary Figure's Reply
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Monthly Archives: August 2009
This is a segment from a documentary on Harvard pychologist John Mack and some of the UFO abductees that he has interviewed and worked with. I thought that this segment was especially interesting and informative: Hat tip: Atrueoriginall
If UFOs with aliens in them are really starting to visit our planet in greater earnest (as UFO believers claim, most notably Temple University professor, David Jacobs), and if those aliens do not, in fact, have warm and cuddly intentions toward us (as … Continue reading
Science v. Religion? An Evolutionary Biologist Promoting Public Acceptance for Evolutionary Theory with a Really Dumb Strategy
In thinking about biologist Jerry Coyne’s recent forays into the realms of PZ Myers-style religion bashing, I can’t help but wonder: Unless something else is going on psychologically (such as a hatred of religion as such), should religion be the central … Continue reading
Shitmydadsays is the best use of Twitter I’ve ever encountered. A 28 year old lives with his 73 year old father and simply quotes him periodically. Here’s a sample: “Don’t touch the bacon, it’s not done yet. You let me … Continue reading
In recent posts I know I’ve been raining on the UFO believers’ parade, and I’m trying to keep an open mind about what I’ve discovered after a few weeks of looking into the UFO phenomenon, but the fact that eyewitness testimony … Continue reading
You know that there’s an atheist community, and a gay community, and a lesbian community, and an Italian-American community. But did you also know that there is a Bigfoot community? Look and listen:
What happens when UFO eyewitness testimony contradicts expert scientific testimony? What do you do? Well, if you’re a reasonable person, it would seem that wherever eyewitness testimony and expert scientific testimony are at odds, you’ve got to considerably lower your … Continue reading
In the early 1990s, an Evangelical filmmaker produced a pretty good documentary on UFOs. Below is part 1 of 8 from YouTube. As a teenager, I actually saw the first person interviewed (Dave Hunt) at my church a couple of times. Hunt was … Continue reading
These past few weeks, as I’ve thought about UFOs as a phenomenon, I’ve found myself confused, going back and forth between the value of testimony v. the value of expert scientific opinion, and then it occurred to me: Juries frequently encounter the exact same dilemma. In … Continue reading
Blogging UFOs: If UFOs are Indeed Buzzing about in Our Local Skies, Why Wouldn’t We Pick Up Radio Signals of their Interspaceship Communications?
This morning I thought of a rather strong presumptive reason not to believe that UFOs are really visiting Earth: The total lack of radio communication between alleged alien spaceships. You would think that aliens, like humans, would communicate over radio … Continue reading
Blogging UFOs: Why was the Military’s Response to Roswell Witnesses and the Local Story Disseminators So Heavyhanded?
This excellent video clip on the Roswell incident begins with Jesse Marcel’s son’s recollection of what his father showed him on the night that his dad had recovered debris from the Roswell UFO crash site, and how what Jesse Marcel’s son saw did … Continue reading
I don’t know where this little museum and gift shop is in the world, but I thought the image was amusing.
1942 “The Battle of Los Angeles”: Did the U.S. Military Mistake a Phoenix Lights-Style UFO Incident for an Attack from Japan?
A curious event from February 25, 1942: And here’s an original news broadcast of the incident:
In my ongoing quest, these past few weeks, to learn about the UFO phenomenon, and decide what I think about it, I’ve found that the following memo and letter are pretty important pieces of documentary evidence among UFOlogists. The first is a … Continue reading