- 2,824,402 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- What Did Friedrich Nietzsche Take from Charles Darwin?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Monthly Archives: May 2012
And Greece is looking bad for President Obama. Here’s Reuters today: The U.S. Commerce Department estimates that more than a quarter of all manufacturing workers in Ohio depend on exports for their jobs. Against this backdrop, the Obama administration has … Continue reading
Back in March, Rachel Maddow was on the Daily Show and said something about conspiracy theories that I think is quite profound: CONSPIRACY IS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND THAN COMPLEXITY. Thought of this way, a conspiracy theory is simply another way … Continue reading
Greece appears to be going down, and now the Italians are panicking. This is in London’s Telegraph today (written by its international business editor, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard): Italy’s former premier Romano Prodi said the EU risks instant contagion to Spain, Italy, … Continue reading
___________ There seems to be a whole genre of YouTube videos devoted to “just-so” events (as with the one above), and they’re rather nice metaphors of the theist vs. atheist divide. Theists, of course, posit that the universe’s improbable properties … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan’s reaction to a truly Christian president.
Business Insider’s Chief Editor, Joe Wiesenthal, recently made a compelling case for voting for Mitt Romney (if you’re a Keynesian): Back in April we made the argument that a Mitt Romney win would be better for the economy, based on fairly … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan, in his just released Newsweek cover-essay, explains: Barack Obama had to come out of a different closet. He had to discover his black identity and then reconcile it with his white family, just as gays discover their homosexual identity … Continue reading
The radical-left Syriza party’s meteoric rise in Grecian politics (it trailed the conservatives by just 2 percentage points in recent elections) has placed Greece on the verge of default. Here’s John Psarapoulos, writing for the Daily Beast, on the fast … Continue reading
Mitt Romney and the Vietnam veteran in the below video are the same age. And in the years that this veteran was in Vietnam, Mitt Romney was in prep school, gay-bashing a classmate and cutting off his girlish-long hair. After … Continue reading
The below segment of a recent Chris Matthews show is simply devastating. It shows Chris Matthews and Barney Frank intellectually eviscerating Tony Perkins, argument by argument. The political ground is shifting fast on gay marriage, and this clip nicely illustrates why.
No “Las Vegas Of Gay Marriage”: Mitt Romney Boasts He Once Hindered Gay Marriage Through A Legal Maneuver
This is at the Daily Beast today: [Mitt] Romney bragged in a speech last winter about how, after the Massachusetts State Supreme Court legalized gay marriage there in 2003, he invoked an early 20th century law intended to prevent out-of-state … Continue reading
In the realm of politics and religion, I see six different kinds of people: the right-wing conformist the left-wing conformist the centrist conformist the right-wing nonconformist the left-wing nonconformist the centrist nonconformist Which one would you say represents you? And … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan calls North Carolina’s anti-civil rights vote last night “the politics of spite” and writes the following: Absorbing the blow from last night is hard. If a victory for marriage equality happens, straight couples can go about their lives … Continue reading
During the Republican primary, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich were like coked-up chimpanzees, trying to tear one another’s testicles off. But now Mitt Romney “counts Newt and Callista Gingrich as friends.” What bullshit. If you vote for Mitt Romney this year, you’re … Continue reading
Nope. They’re in the Bible (Deuteronomy 22:20-21, KJV): 20 But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: 21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father’s house, and … Continue reading