- 2,401,508 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- BM on Daniel Dennett: the Vanquisher of “Deepity” Religion—and Poetry?
- Atheist on Who Hath Made Israel to Sin?: William Clifford on Why “it is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence”
- Vincent on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Z. on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Staffan on THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Santi Tafarella on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Thank You Jeebus on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Anonymous on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- A le mana on Writing or Art? Mel Bochner’s “LANGUAGE IS NOT TRANSPARENT” (1970)
- Vincent on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- James smith on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- Vincent on This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Imagination
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- What Did Friedrich Nietzsche Take from Charles Darwin?
- A Life-Affirming Talk on Sustainable Community Building
- THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- The Poet’s Fictions (A Poem)
- A Guided Meditation With A Little Help From A Wallace Stevens Poem (“The Plain Sense Of Things”)
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 10 months ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 10 months ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: July 2012
For a bit of flavoring, I tell these three religiously-charged jokes a tad differently from where I stumbled on them (see here). They’re pretty good, I think. How do fundamentalists drive agnostics from a neighborhood? They burn question marks on … Continue reading
The creators of the 1992 film, Baraka, have produced a sequel. It’s due to hit select theatres August 24th. The trailer seems to “quote” Baraka way too much, though. I hope it’s sufficiently different from Baraka to make it worth … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan wonders whether Mitt Romney might be running on Sarah Palin’s playbook: [A]lmost no press conferences; no account of his faith’s dominant influence on his life; an absence of actual policy proposals . . . And don’t forget his tax … Continue reading
Want to live forever? It may be that, rather than following Jesus, you should be following the work of the neuroscientist Kenneth Hayworth. Before the end of his career, he aspires to figure out how, exactly, to preserve his own connectome (the … Continue reading
Does Mitt Romney seriously believe Jesus came to America 2000 years ago and that Native American skin color signals a curse upon Native Americans? Thank goodness for the BBC. __________ If you don’t have time for the whole documentary, at … Continue reading
Dr. Ken Murray has offered a follow-up essay providing some statistical support for his claim that doctors really do die differently from the rest of us (that is, they tend to “go gentle into that good night”). Here’s a taste: … Continue reading
Actually, not that much. Both are children of the Romantic tradition, but whereas one is enamored of nature, the other is enamored of capitalism. One posits leaving nature (with its natural selections) alone; the other posits leaving the market (with … Continue reading
No, this is not the Onion. And no, it’s not a meaty sea mushroom of some sort. It’s a hot pocket. _____ Yes, this is amusing, but it’s also enervating philosophically, don’t you think? How human it is to be fooled! It … Continue reading
Buried deep in the comboxes of a post at the blog site What There Is and Why There Is Anything, the physicist Lee Smolin took the time to weigh-in on whether one of his colleagues, Lawrence Krauss, should be claiming … Continue reading
In the below video, a Christian conservative who thinks he’s living in the End Times makes a song supporting Mitt Romney for President. I’m pretty sure it’s sincere–not a joke. __________ UPDATE: I’ve just learned that the singer’s name is … Continue reading
In terms of James Holmes’ motive for his Batman movie shooting spree, there are a number of disturbing possibilities. One is that he’s a very troubled Christian or ex-Christian. As reported, for example, by the Christian Post, he seems to … Continue reading
Mitt Romney isn’t budging. Nor is his wife. Below is Ann Romney talking down to the voter and a black interviewer as “you people” from her vantage of elite white privilege, and asserting her self-righteous position that, naturally, her husband’s … Continue reading
He appears to have fingered the wrong culprit.
Ben LaBolt, President Obama’s campaign press secretary, has some questions for Mitt Romney that have clearly got both him and his supporters in squirm mode. Here they are: 1. Are you contending that an individual can simultaneously be the CEO, … Continue reading
I’ll get to the Mitt Romney connection in just a moment. But first a bit of background. When scientists announced their discovery on July 4th of the Higgs boson–the so-called God particle that causes the universe to have mass and … Continue reading