- 2,819,852 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Best Explanation, Ad Hoc Explanation, and Occam's Razor
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: July 2012
For a bit of flavoring, I tell these three religiously-charged jokes a tad differently from where I stumbled on them (see here). They’re pretty good, I think. How do fundamentalists drive agnostics from a neighborhood? They burn question marks on … Continue reading
The creators of the 1992 film, Baraka, have produced a sequel. It’s due to hit select theatres August 24th. The trailer seems to “quote” Baraka way too much, though. I hope it’s sufficiently different from Baraka to make it worth … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan wonders whether Mitt Romney might be running on Sarah Palin’s playbook: [A]lmost no press conferences; no account of his faith’s dominant influence on his life; an absence of actual policy proposals . . . And don’t forget his tax … Continue reading
Want to live forever? It may be that, rather than following Jesus, you should be following the work of the neuroscientist Kenneth Hayworth. Before the end of his career, he aspires to figure out how, exactly, to preserve his own connectome (the … Continue reading
Does Mitt Romney seriously believe Jesus came to America 2000 years ago and that Native American skin color signals a curse upon Native Americans? Thank goodness for the BBC. __________ If you don’t have time for the whole documentary, at … Continue reading
Dr. Ken Murray has offered a follow-up essay providing some statistical support for his claim that doctors really do die differently from the rest of us (that is, they tend to “go gentle into that good night”). Here’s a taste: … Continue reading
Actually, not that much. Both are children of the Romantic tradition, but whereas one is enamored of nature, the other is enamored of capitalism. One posits leaving nature (with its natural selections) alone; the other posits leaving the market (with … Continue reading
No, this is not the Onion. And no, it’s not a meaty sea mushroom of some sort. It’s a hot pocket. _____ Yes, this is amusing, but it’s also enervating philosophically, don’t you think? How human it is to be fooled! It … Continue reading
Buried deep in the comboxes of a post at the blog site What There Is and Why There Is Anything, the physicist Lee Smolin took the time to weigh-in on whether one of his colleagues, Lawrence Krauss, should be claiming … Continue reading
In the below video, a Christian conservative who thinks he’s living in the End Times makes a song supporting Mitt Romney for President. I’m pretty sure it’s sincere–not a joke. __________ UPDATE: I’ve just learned that the singer’s name is … Continue reading
In terms of James Holmes’ motive for his Batman movie shooting spree, there are a number of disturbing possibilities. One is that he’s a very troubled Christian or ex-Christian. As reported, for example, by the Christian Post, he seems to … Continue reading
Mitt Romney isn’t budging. Nor is his wife. Below is Ann Romney talking down to the voter and a black interviewer as “you people” from her vantage of elite white privilege, and asserting her self-righteous position that, naturally, her husband’s … Continue reading
He appears to have fingered the wrong culprit.
Ben LaBolt, President Obama’s campaign press secretary, has some questions for Mitt Romney that have clearly got both him and his supporters in squirm mode. Here they are: 1. Are you contending that an individual can simultaneously be the CEO, … Continue reading
I’ll get to the Mitt Romney connection in just a moment. But first a bit of background. When scientists announced their discovery on July 4th of the Higgs boson–the so-called God particle that causes the universe to have mass and … Continue reading