- 2,819,650 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- A Universe from Nothing? David Albert Owns Lawrence Krauss
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: August 2012
It will feel like the man leaving Plato’s cave in the below video. As with one coming out of Plato’s cave, a greater vista on the truth will have been apprehended, and we will pity those who came before us and reasoned about their existence not … Continue reading
Curiosity zapped its first rock today, and here’s the image NASA provided: ___________ Here’s part of what NASA said about this: ChemCam recorded spectra from the laser-induced spark at each of the 30 pulses. The goal of this initial use … Continue reading
Gilbert Levin is a man on a mission. For the Viking missions to Mars in 1976, he was the person who designed one of the experiments that searched for life. The results came back positive. So positive, in fact, that … Continue reading
Sometimes an angry, one-eyed monster is just an angry, one-eyed monster, but what would Freud say?
It’s looking for life on Mars. What’s my evidence? The following sentence from science writer Marc Kaufman’s excellent book, First Contact: Scientific Breakthroughs in the Hunt for Life Beyond Earth (Simon & Schuster, 2011, 42-43): The next NASA mission to … Continue reading
This is from the NASA website in a press release: On Saturday night, Aug. 18, ChemCam is expected to “zap” its first rock in the name of planetary science. It will be the first time such a powerful laser has … Continue reading
In an amusing example of sophistry, Karl Rove in the Wall Street Journal does his best to convince Republicans that the Medicare issue actually swings their way this election cycle. Of course, the one word retort to his thesis is … Continue reading
Can we say hypocrisy? What else is Paul Ryan lying about? This is in the Boston Globe today: After seeking millions of dollars from a federal stimulus program he opposed on grounds it would not help the economy, Republican vice … Continue reading
Jared Burton has written a beautiful and soulful folk song capturing humanity’s uncomfortable and ambivalent relationship to evolution. I find the lyrics emotionally and intellectually challenging. But I can’t decide if I agree or not with the orientation to Nature … Continue reading
Probably not. And the Los Angeles Times says this about a poll that has him behind pretty dramatically in both: Obama leads Romney among likely voters 51%-45% in Florida and 50%-44% in Ohio, according to the poll by Quinnipiac University, the New York Times and CBS News. The poll … Continue reading
Concerning Paul Ryan’s activity today, this is in the NYT: Paul Ryan . . . traveled to Las Vegas to meet with Sheldon Adelson, the casino mogul who has pledged to spend up to $100 million to defeat the president. Wow. … Continue reading
According to a NASA press conference yesterday, Curiosity’s “brain transplant” (software update) was successful and the rover may start driving within the week. But the foreplay is going to be very slow-going as it was also emphasized by one of … Continue reading
This is not complicated. Both Paul Ryan’s plan for Medicare and President Obama’s look to save over 700 billion dollars over ten years, but President Obama seeks it do it on the providers’ side (through cost cutting practices, such as … Continue reading
A pretty darn effective ad. Leave no granny behind. Clear and to the point. What was Mitt Romney thinking putting Paul Ryan on the ticket?
This mash-up of clips on Paul Ryan’s budget proposals is pretty devastating. It’s difficult to believe that voters will support such an agenda come November. The more they learn, the less they’ll like.
President Obama speaking in Chicago on Sunday: “Too many folks still don’t have a sense that tomorrow will be better than today. And so, the question in this election is which way do we go?” “Do we go forward towards a … Continue reading
President Obama to the JPL team this morning: “If in fact you do make contact with Martians, please let me know right away!”
President Obama this morning congratulated the Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena on its successful landing of Curiosity in Gale Crater on Mars, and said the following: If in fact you do make contact with Martians, please let me know … Continue reading