- 2,820,335 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Via the Daily Beast today: “It sucks. Mentally I’m young. But you cannot stop the body from aging. Someone like myself despises the thought of death. I have a real problem with that. And after you run up the stairs … Continue reading
What is science? Here’s my definition: Concerning the past and present, science seeks to match the most coherent, simple, and plausible theories to the existing evidence; with regard to the future, it attempts to match predictions to evidence. Put more … Continue reading
In the run-up to the presidential election, if you think the vast majority of public polls have a liberal bias and are not to be trusted, how do you take the pulse of the race? Simple. Don’t believe the public … Continue reading
Whining for Sympathy: What Ann Romney’s Expression of Concern for Mitt’s “Mental Well-Being” Really Means
If you haven’t heard, Ann Romney told an interviewer in Nevada yesterday that, should her husband be elected President, she fears for his mental health. Here’s Reuters: “I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being,” she said. … Continue reading
Ann Romney told an interviewer in Nevada today that, should her husband be elected President, she fears for his mental health. Here’s Reuters: “I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being,” she said. “I have … Continue reading
Mitt Romney’s standard operating procedure on display. Hilarious. I once knew an alcoholic who could lie like this. Nobody else. __________ _________ By the way, as the election approaches, Mitt Romney’s unfavorable rating has now climbed over 47%. A fitting … Continue reading
Former Republican Navy Secretary, Jim Webb: Vietnam veterans “are owed, if nothing else, at least a mention, some word of thanks and respect, when a presidential candidate who is their generational peer makes a speech accepting his party’s nomination to be commander-in-chief. And they are owed much more than that — a guarantee that we will never betray the commitment that we made to them and to their loved ones.”
Jim Webb’s devastating retort to Mitt Romney’s 47% comment: Governor Romney and I are about the same age. Like millions of others in our generation, we came to adulthood facing the harsh realities of the Vietnam War. 2.7 million in … Continue reading
Mike Lux, at The Democratic Strategist, provides it. Romney is in a world of hurt, primarily because of the way he has defined himself philosophically and values-wise to the American people. He has lost the essential debate in this race, … Continue reading
From this ad, I think it’s pretty obvious that Obama is moving away from just winning, and is now seeking a mandate. Romney is damaged goods. Obama doesn’t need to go after him anymore. He can now focus on a … Continue reading
Can you watch this without squirming and feeling your flesh crawl? __________ And notice the way Romney points to Ryan with his thumb. That’s a bit strange. What’s going on with that?
This video plays on an old Kennedy ad. Clever and upbeat. __________ Here’s the original:
This is at the New York Times today: Mr. Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” of Americans seemed to be undercutting him with other working-class voters here [in Ohio]. “This last thing, where he was going on about the 47 … Continue reading
Scott Brown Staffers and Supporters Engage in Racist Mocking of Elizabeth Warren’s Native American Heritage
The Not Ready for Diversity players. Hateful, icky, and ignorant. What’s Cherokee for asshole? __________ Regarding her heritage, Elizabeth Warren recently said this: As a kid, I never asked my mom for documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage. What … Continue reading
In interview with David Wolf, Nietzsche scholar Brian Leiter offers his view: [I]f there’s a central question in Nietzsche it’s the one he takes over from Schopenhauer – namely, how is it possible to justify life in the face of … Continue reading
According to Heather Pringle, maybe, with regard to honey, it’s because it played a role in our evolution: In a recent paper, Alyssa Crittenden, an anthropologist and behavioral ecologist, at the University of Nevada, points out that wild honey is one … Continue reading
Ever wonder why Rasmussen so consistently skews toward a Romney victory in its election projections? Dick Morris explains: Almost all pollsters are using the 2008 turnout models in weighting their samples. Rasmussen, more accurately, uses a mixture of 2008 and … Continue reading
This is at the Washington Times today: A Centreville man who hung an empty chair from a tree in his backyard with a sign reading “Nobama” attached to it denies that it was meant to represent any inference to lynching … Continue reading
Apparently not. The transcript from his recent 60 Minutes interview suggests that Mitt Romney is in serious denial: Scott Pelley: You are slipping in the polls at this moment. A lot of Republicans are concerned about this campaign. You bill … Continue reading
The basic formula for an Obama victory is 80-40 (get 80% of the nonwhite vote and 40% of the white vote); Romney’s formula is 25-60 (25% of the nonwhite vote; 60% of the white vote). Therefore the following, based on … Continue reading