- 2,824,972 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Definition and Origin of the Phrase "The Whole Nine Yards"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Two Roswell Witnesses: Major Jesse Marcel in a 1984 Interview and Lt. Jack Trowbridge in a More Recent Interview
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Not only did Mitt Romney profit from the sending of American jobs overseas, he profited from the purchase of a giant Chinese sweatshop populated by 20,000 young women. This sweatshop was utterly fenced in; it had guard towers and was … Continue reading
When I watch this, I can’t help but think of Freud’s Jokes and Their Relation to the Unconscious. __________ This nicely illustrates that, to be in the upper classes, you needn’t actually have class. And think about it. In your … Continue reading
Concerning the 47% video, this is at Politico today: [Boehner] refused to address whether he agreed with Romney’s statement, delivered at a closed fundraiser in Boca Raton, Fla. […] And concerning the last weeks of the campaign, Boehner said, “I … Continue reading
Michelle Malkin gets wound up defaming her fellow conservatives for stating the obvious: the Romney 47% video may prove to be a mortal blow for Republicans up and down the ticket this year. ___________
Nate Silver today: The most unambiguously bearish sign for Mr. Romney are the poor polls he has been getting in swing states from pollsters that use a thorough methodology and include cellphones in their samples. There have been 16 such polls … Continue reading
One nation, under 47%, divisible. __________ This is what it looks like to be on the same team. __________ And this man also sought to preserve the Union.
Clever and devastating.
Big news. A fourth century Coptic papyrus fragment asserts Jesus was married. This is at the New York Times today: The finding is being made public in Rome on Tuesday at an international meeting of Coptic scholars by the [Harvard] … Continue reading
For understanding how Mitt Romney could so grotesquely and flippantly defame 47% of the American population without a gasp from those gathered to listen to him, Frum offers white racism as a starting point: Start with this data point: When you … Continue reading
Juliet Lapidos points to a number of groups, among them are these two: More than one-fifth are elderly. As David Frum put it, they’re “people who pay no income taxes because their income takes the form of Social Security.” Most of … Continue reading
__________ I can’t help but think the 47% video will sink Mitt Romney’s presidential bid, and it recalls for me these lines from “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”: Under the water it rumbled on, Still louder and more dread: … Continue reading
Amazing. 47% of Americans–the elderly, the retired, the unemployed, those in veteran’s hospitals, students, the mentally and physically disabled, and the working poor paying payroll taxes but making less than twenty thousand dollars a year–are those people. “My job is … Continue reading
At the Atlantic, Ta-Nehisi Coates homes in on Mitt Romney’s late night damage control presser following the release of the 47% video: I have never seen the candidate of a major party looking more shook than Romney does at this … Continue reading
David Brooks on the 47% video: Romney has “divided the nation into two groups: the makers and the moochers.”
At the New York Times, conservative David Brooks is scathing in his reading of Mitt Romney’s 47% video: Romney, who criticizes President Obama for dividing the nation, divided the nation into two groups: the makers and the moochers. […] [I]t suggests … Continue reading
This is at the New York Times tonight: [T]he video has raised the possibility that Mr. Romney’s campaign will be sidetracked, with attention focused again on his proposed tax cuts for the wealthy, the release of his personal tax returns … Continue reading
Mitt Romney: 47% of American voters are parasites and “my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”
Stunning. __________ The visceral contempt he expresses to rich donors for half of his fellow Americans is simply breathtaking. This is how the 1% talk among themselves about the working poor, the lower middle class elderly, and the unemployed, and … Continue reading
May cause nausea, dizziness, and vomiting. __________ Concerning candy corn, this is at Wikipedia: The National Confectioners Association estimates that 20 million pounds (just over 9000 metric tons) of candy corn are sold annually. The top branded retailer of candy corn, Brach’s, sells enough … Continue reading
Um, the Democrats. Here is the New York Times this weekend: The latest New York Times/CBS News poll, conducted over the last week, found that Mr. Obama held an advantage over Mr. Romney on the question of who would do … Continue reading