A quick share of books. Six on subjects related to gender and homosexuality:
(1) Woman Hating. Andrea Dworkin. A polemic, but a good one.
(2) Right-Wing Women: The Politics of Domesticated Females. Andrea Dworkin. Again, a polemic, but very incisive.
(3) Off with Her Head!: The Denial of Women’s Identity in Myth, Religion, and Culture, edited by Howard Eilberg and Wendy Doniger, University of California Press. The essay by Mary Rose D’Angelo on early Christianity is especially fascinating (“Veils, Virgins, and the Tongues of Men and Angels: Women’s Heads in Early Christianity”).
(4) Feminist Thought: A Comprehensive Introduction. Rosemary Tong. I have the first edition, which is excellent. There are later editions.
(5) A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials. Francis Hill.
(6) Homosexuality and Civilization. Louis Crompton. Harvard. A groundbreaking, unmissable study of homosexuality through history.