- 2,400,156 readers since June 2008
- BM on Daniel Dennett: the Vanquisher of “Deepity” Religion—and Poetry?
- Atheist on Who Hath Made Israel to Sin?: William Clifford on Why “it is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence”
- Vincent on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Z. on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Staffan on THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Santi Tafarella on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Thank You Jeebus on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Anonymous on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- A le mana on Writing or Art? Mel Bochner’s “LANGUAGE IS NOT TRANSPARENT” (1970)
- Vincent on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- James smith on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- Vincent on This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Imagination
- James Woronow on This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Imagination
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Bruno Latour's Question: Are There Things We Shouldn't Deconstruct?
- Are Patriotism and Religion the Last Refuges of Scoundrels?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- The Poet’s Fictions (A Poem)
- A Guided Meditation With A Little Help From A Wallace Stevens Poem (“The Plain Sense Of Things”)
- On Having No Head: The Headless Squid Bowl, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, And The Cosmos’s Undirected, Mutually Interdependent Arising
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 10 months ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 10 months ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 12 months ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: September 2016
I woke up feeling good about Hillary’s debate performance last night, and in frank admiration at her ability, as a 68 year old woman, for keeping so many facts and narratives straight in her head and being such an adept … Continue reading
62%-27%. A decisive majority of those who actually viewed last night’s debate thought Clinton killed it–which means that even partisan Republicans could see that Trump was addled (unable to think clearly; Kentucky Fried Chicken meat for brains). Trump reminds me … Continue reading
An interesting floor mosaic at the University of Notre Dame memorializing the evolutionary biologist who coined the familiar saying, “Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.” The image of the double helix of DNA recalls the … Continue reading
This is in The New York Times today. A new survey of human DNA conducted by three research teams, all working separately to see if they would arrive at the same conclusion, indeed did so: every non-African on the planet … Continue reading
In the video below, Elizabeth Warren (blessed be she) rips Mr. Stumpf, CEO of Wells Fargo, a new asshole. Beautiful. But what’s not so beautiful is that Mr. Stumpf then gets to stand up, leave the room without being arrested, and … Continue reading
Trump’s Birtherism: Will Americans Finally Snap Awake As To Who This Man Is Who Wants To Be President?
Birtherism comes from a dark, dark place in the white racist’s heart, and Trump led it. He led it. For years. And today, he didn’t apologize for the damage, racist debasement, coarsening, and poisoning of public discourse his birtherist movement … Continue reading
Hmm. Moloch? A face mask without a self? Ever bigger guys pressing down on the littlest guy? There’s something Kafkaesque about this “stairway to nowhere.” An Escher painting catching real humans? It recalls a trilobite or exoskeleton–or perhaps an ant … Continue reading
__________ In the video above, from Harvard Medical School, bacterial evolution is on display in real time. At the end of the video, there’s even an overlay of the the branching family trees that developed in the experiment. That’s the … Continue reading
Two Saturns eating their children. That’s what this election has become. Both Trump and Hillary boxed out young people to reach this point, and now here we are: one has pneumonia, the other eats Kentucky Fried Chicken on his private … Continue reading
Not to be crude, but gays and lesbians may function in humans as akin to the large clitorises in bonobos. In the bonobo female, the clitoris is unusually large, and it’s used to bond socially with other females. They rub … Continue reading
Hmm. I simply don’t understand how this election is still so close. Why aren’t women 70/30 for Hillary in polls? (Hillary is actually losing in polls among married women, for instance.) And why aren’t Hispanics, Asians, and African Americans more … Continue reading