- 2,400,290 readers since June 2008
- BM on Daniel Dennett: the Vanquisher of “Deepity” Religion—and Poetry?
- Atheist on Who Hath Made Israel to Sin?: William Clifford on Why “it is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence”
- Vincent on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Z. on The God Conclusion v. The God Delusion: Keith Ward Tries to Tackle Richard Dawkins
- Staffan on THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Santi Tafarella on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Staffan on Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- Thank You Jeebus on A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Anonymous on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- A le mana on Writing or Art? Mel Bochner’s “LANGUAGE IS NOT TRANSPARENT” (1970)
- Vincent on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- James smith on Four Hundred Fifty Antisemitic Verses In The Gospels And Book of Acts
- Vincent on This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Imagination
- James Woronow on This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Imagination
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Bruno Latour's Question: Are There Things We Shouldn't Deconstruct?
- A Get Rich Quick Scheme Using Religion That Actually Works
- Are Patriotism and Religion the Last Refuges of Scoundrels?
- THE HATE POTATO: Will Trump Hatred Absent Hillary Hatred Prove to Be the Deciding Election Factor in 2018 and 2020?
- Why Are Some College Students So Lazy?
- The Poet’s Fictions (A Poem)
- A Guided Meditation With A Little Help From A Wallace Stevens Poem (“The Plain Sense Of Things”)
- On Having No Head: The Headless Squid Bowl, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, And The Cosmos’s Undirected, Mutually Interdependent Arising
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 10 months ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 10 months ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 12 months ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Category Archives: Genesis
On Having No Head: The Headless Squid Bowl, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, And The Cosmos’s Undirected, Mutually Interdependent Arising
The headless squid bowl sometimes served in Japanese restaurants is odd and fascinating. It strikes me as a metaphor for the cosmos: it goes without a head. How strange. In a sense, even conscious beings like ourselves go without a … Continue reading
It’s always comforting to (seemingly) settle hard questions in thirty seconds. But as a matter of logic, if space-time is the condition for existence, and existence is bound up with space-time (as Einstein proposed), then in what sense could God … Continue reading
An interesting floor mosaic at the University of Notre Dame memorializing the evolutionary biologist who coined the familiar saying, “Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.” The image of the double helix of DNA recalls the … Continue reading
This is in The New York Times today. A new survey of human DNA conducted by three research teams, all working separately to see if they would arrive at the same conclusion, indeed did so: every non-African on the planet … Continue reading
__________ In the video above, from Harvard Medical School, bacterial evolution is on display in real time. At the end of the video, there’s even an overlay of the the branching family trees that developed in the experiment. That’s the … Continue reading
Not to be crude, but gays and lesbians may function in humans as akin to the large clitorises in bonobos. In the bonobo female, the clitoris is unusually large, and it’s used to bond socially with other females. They rub … Continue reading
71 years ago, the Allies liberated the Nazi death camps, and, aghast in the knowledge of what had transpired in them, there seemed to be a fresh collective resolve globally to “never again” generate the sorts of conditions that might … Continue reading
Some Christians claim that Allah represents the Mark of the Beast; that the Greek letters for 666 resemble the way Allah is written in Arabic. I’m no fan of Islam, but demonizing Islam as Satanic and prophesied as the cipher … Continue reading
A Brief History of Everything: Lucretius and Giordano Bruno Would Have Loved This Video by Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson
And they would have been astonished–astonished!–at how thoroughly atomism has vanquished Platonism–and supernaturalism generally–from the story of cosmic creation, evolution, and our origins. _____ Also, I notice that, toward the end of the video, Neil deGrasse Tyson sounds for all … Continue reading