- 2,777,512 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- Martha Nussbaum's Question: How Can We Activate Our Imaginative, Critical, And Moral Intelligences Against Invisibility?
- William Dembski: Noah's Flood May Have Been Global
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 week ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: 44
What impresses me about President Barack Obama in the below video is not just his intelligence and good humor, but his humanity. This is a guy who quite evidently has gotten to where he is at by accepting his own proclivity for making … Continue reading
And it’s one reason I voted for him. Here’s U.S National Security Advisor, General James Jones in an interview with Spiegel this week: SPIEGEL: Is it difficult to advise the president, Barack Obama? Jones: No, simply because he’s a very good student … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan Talks to Stephen Colbert about Barack Obama’s First Year Since Being Elected President
Here. Know hope.
At Slate today, Karl Agne, a senior advisor to Democracy Corps, offers his take on the Fox-Limbaugh Industrial Propaganda Complex: When we spoke with these conservative Republicans in the focus groups we did for Democracy Corps recently, what was really striking was … Continue reading
This today in Der Spiegel: “Only rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future,” the committee said in a statement. “His diplomacy is founded in … Continue reading
Former Bush Cabinet official, and now President Obama’s Defense Secretary, is impressed with our new president: “He is very analytical,” Gates told CNN Chief National Correspondent John King. “He is very deliberate about the way he goes through things. He wants to … Continue reading
As a white person, I’m sick of the white hate being directed at President Barack Obama. It’s indecent, and I’m not going to be silent in the face of it. Aaron Wiener of the Washington Independent notices that the far right … Continue reading
Robert Reich today succinctly lays out the tape playing in Republican heads, and why they’re so wound up to try and block healthcare insurance reform: Republicans smell 1994 all over again. That’s when they defeated Clinton’s healthcare plan—and in doing so … Continue reading
Deal with it. Amidst all the blue pipe smoke being thrown up by Republicans, AP reports on a new poll that reminds us who it is, exactly, that President Barack Obama is fighting for: A new poll, meanwhile, showed that large numbers … Continue reading
Pushing Back Against the Iranian Regime’s Riot Police with a Protester Flashing a Peace Sign to the Camara
Video from Iran today: Know hope.
Quote of the Day: The Republicans “put pandering to their right wing above American national security”
Les Gelb today: “Republican leadership calls for Obama to condemn Iran’s election results and speak out for the demonstrators shows no knowledge of Iran whatsoever. If he did so, America would become the issue in Iran, not Ahmadinejad, and we … Continue reading
“Yes We Can” Goes Global? The Election of Barack Obama, His Cairo Speech, and Now What’s Happening in Iran
What’s happening in Iran? Andrew Sullivan promotes an interesting theory: The messianic radicalism of Bush sustained the messianic radicalism of Ahmadinejad. Obama’s election, as many of us hoped, broke that cycle and allowed for Iran’s opposition to re-emerge without looking … Continue reading
Obama Conspiracy Theories “live within the computer and they fester in people’s minds”: After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings, Shepard Smith Worries About Obama’s Assassination by Far-Right Crazies in a Discussion with Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center
Is the authoritarian right on its way to a noxious repeat of the militia movement culture that culminated, in the 1990s, in the Oklahoma City bombing—only this time with the target being our first African American president? After the U.S. Holocaust … Continue reading
I am honored to be in the timeless city of Cairo, and to be hosted by two remarkable institutions. For over a thousand years, Al-Azhar has stood as a beacon of Islamic learning, and for over a century, Cairo University … Continue reading
Supreme Court Justice Nominee Sonia Sotomayor: Win-Win for President Obama, Lose-Lose for Sotomayor’s Opponents?
National Journal’s Stuart Taylor deconstructs the politics of President Barack Obama’s Sonia Sotomayor nomination here. Money quote: The choice of Sotomayor also puts Republicans and moderate Democrats who may be deeply unhappy with her jurisprudence in a lose-lose position, and Obama … Continue reading
On Face the Nation today: SCHIEFFER: How much did President Bush know specifically about the methods that were being used? We know that you– and you have said– that you approved this… CHENEY: Right. SCHIEFFER: … somewhere down the line. … Continue reading
Peace, a Palestinian State, and the Bombing of Iranian Nuclear Facilities: All Netanyahu is Saying is Give Bombs a Chance?
Could the bombing of Iran’s nuclear facilities by Israel lead to peace in the Middle East and the establishment of a Palestinian state? That’s the curious thesis of David Samuels today in Slate. David Samuels sees an Israeli attack on Iran … Continue reading