- 2,776,931 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- John Wayne Cast as Hamlet: A Great Joke About the Plays and Language of Shakespeare
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 4 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: abortion
Marco Rubio: “The Constitution of the United States” Forces Women to Bring to Term Rape and Incest Conceived Fetuses
Marco Rubio thinks “The Constitution of the United States” necessarily forces women to bring to term fetuses conceived against their will by rape and incest. Wow. He really fucked himself here. Fox News Megyn Kelly Grills Marco Rubio On Rape, … Continue reading
President Obama famously put an end to “don’t ask, don’t tell” (DADT), but can we be sure that it will remain a thing of the past if Mitt Romney becomes president? Nope. This is at the Daily Beast: Aubrey Sarvis, … Continue reading
Concerning Paul Ryan on rape and abortion, this comes from Ed Kilgore: [E]ven on occasion when he’s supported “compromise” legislation that recognizes rape/incest exceptions, he’s been in favor of narrowing them, as in last year’s House GOP effort (eventually abandoned) … Continue reading
So according to the Hill, and now according to Stupak himself. The Republicans appear to be Wile E. Coyote. They made a political calculation that obstinate resistance to health care reform would prove a political winner for them, and now it seems … Continue reading
“There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white . . .” —Richard M Nixon. —————————- And Andrew Sullivan observes: “So the 37th president would have aborted the 44th.”
Would it have been murder to kill Auschwitz’s Dr. Josef Mengele? Here’s what Scott Roeder, the man suspected of killing Dr. George Tiller, posted on an Operation Rescue affiliated website: It seems as though what is happening in Kansas could … Continue reading
Dr. George Tiller Was Guilty of “Nazi stuff”: Did Bill O’Reilly Cross a Line with His Dr. George Tiller Rhetoric, Implying That He Should Be Stopped By Any Means Necessary?
Would it have been murder to kill Auschwitz’s Dr. Josef Mengele? Salon today reminds us that Bill O’Reilly equated Dr. George Tiller with Nazi-levels of atrocity: Tiller’s name first appeared on the Factor on February 25, 2005. Since then, O’Reilly … Continue reading
The Kansas abortion clinic physician, Dr. George Tiller, was murdered today in a church. It’s hard to imagine a more animalistic and nihilistic gesture than to enter a church to murder someone, and it put me in mind of a … Continue reading
Barack Obama: “The reason I’m pro-choice is because I don’t think women take [abortion] casually. I think they struggle with these decisions each and every day. And I think they are in a better position to make these decisions ultimately … Continue reading
What President Obama faces at Notre Dame today is embodied by Randall Terry, a leading figure in the protests. Salon.com describes Terry’s anti-abortion activism history this way: The Operation Rescue zealot turned off a lot of working-class people who were nervous about … Continue reading
And you thought Rush Limbaugh was KRayZeee. Here are some second tier far-right radio and internet media broadcasters laying in on Ann Coulter and Mitt Romney. This is what the Republican Party has become, and has to contend with, to … Continue reading
The Quiverfull Movement and the Quiverfull Woman: Salon.com Does an Article on a Curious Patriarchal Fundamentalist Meme
Salon.com looks into the “Quiverfull movement” here. It’s a curious meme that helps disseminate one’s genes. I wonder what Richard Dawkins would make of this. Money quote: Vyckie Garrison wasn’t sure she wanted to use her real name in this … Continue reading
The Gaff That Does McCain In?: On Thursday, Sarah Palin Declined to Call Abortion Clinic Bombers Terrorists
I think that Sarah Palin may have just committed a gaff that effectively takes Bill Ayers’s acts of domestic terrorism off the table as a campaign issue. And Ayers is about the last campaign issue in McCain’s arsenal. Now, each … Continue reading
Does John McCain Have a Problem with Women?: From Sarah Palin to “Health of the Mother” Set in Scare Quotes in Debate #3, It Seems That McCain Does Not Really Take Women SERIOUSLY
First it was an “any woman will do” attitude in impulsively picking Sarah Palin as his VP. And now Republican John McCain is utterly dismissive of the health of the mother with regard to abortion: