- 2,882,535 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Charles Sanders Peirce on the Method of Tenacity
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Genesis vs. Evolution--with Edward Feser to Religion's Rescue!
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: al franken
At the Minnesota State Fair. Pretty impressive.
According to the Washington Post, Minnesota Senator Al Franken has a liberal profiles-in-courage comic book coming out about him in May: The Al Franken edition of the “Political Power” comic book series is due out in May. (“There is a … Continue reading
In this surprising exchange with Joe Lieberman, Al Franken disrupts the Senate’s clubby atmosphere, and gets dazed incomprehension and expressions of confusion in return. Notice that John McCain, coming to Lieberman’s defense, gets more emotional about Joe’s treatment than he’s ever … Continue reading
Wind Farm ads v. Swift Boat ads? Billionaire T. Boone Pickens has recently shifted gears in his political activism, promoting green energy sources (like wind) in ads and at congressional hearings. But Pickens was also a major funder of the Swift … Continue reading
You might be soon. According to Time magazine today, Norm Coleman’s appeal to the Minnesota Supreme Court appears to be facing a stiff headwind, not just from the judges generally, but specifically from a Tim Pawlenty appointed justice: The judges’ … Continue reading
Hey, you “Christian” Republicans out there! Jesus was a liberal. That’s right. Jesus said to sell all you have and give it to the poor, and he said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye … Continue reading
According to The Hill.com, former Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman has taken another job: Norm Coleman (R) has taken a job with the Republican Jewish Coalition while contesting Democrat Al Franken’s lead in the Minnesota Senate race, his campaign confirmed Thursday. In … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Friday (today) sees Franken’s numbers dropping to a deficit of just 239 votes behind Coleman—and the recount hasn’t even started. See the Star-Tribune report here.
Context is Everything: Al Frankin Shows How Coleman Dropped the Context for a Franken Joke, Making Franken Look Hysterical and Angry
In Minnesota polls, Frankin has recently surged ahead of Coleman. One reason: People seem to be put off by the gross distortions of Franken’s character fostered by the Coleman campaign.
Money quote from Politico: A new Star Tribune Minnesota poll released yesterday shows a 13-point jump in support in the last month for Democratic comedian-turned-politician Al Franken, who’s now taken his first clear lead, 43 percent to 34 percent, in … Continue reading