- 2,819,651 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- A Universe from Nothing? David Albert Owns Lawrence Krauss
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: al franken
At the Minnesota State Fair. Pretty impressive.
According to the Washington Post, Minnesota Senator Al Franken has a liberal profiles-in-courage comic book coming out about him in May: The Al Franken edition of the “Political Power” comic book series is due out in May. (“There is a … Continue reading
In this surprising exchange with Joe Lieberman, Al Franken disrupts the Senate’s clubby atmosphere, and gets dazed incomprehension and expressions of confusion in return. Notice that John McCain, coming to Lieberman’s defense, gets more emotional about Joe’s treatment than he’s ever … Continue reading
Wind Farm ads v. Swift Boat ads? Billionaire T. Boone Pickens has recently shifted gears in his political activism, promoting green energy sources (like wind) in ads and at congressional hearings. But Pickens was also a major funder of the Swift … Continue reading
You might be soon. According to Time magazine today, Norm Coleman’s appeal to the Minnesota Supreme Court appears to be facing a stiff headwind, not just from the judges generally, but specifically from a Tim Pawlenty appointed justice: The judges’ … Continue reading
Hey, you “Christian” Republicans out there! Jesus was a liberal. That’s right. Jesus said to sell all you have and give it to the poor, and he said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye … Continue reading
According to The Hill.com, former Minnesota Senator Norm Coleman has taken another job: Norm Coleman (R) has taken a job with the Republican Jewish Coalition while contesting Democrat Al Franken’s lead in the Minnesota Senate race, his campaign confirmed Thursday. In … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Friday (today) sees Franken’s numbers dropping to a deficit of just 239 votes behind Coleman—and the recount hasn’t even started. See the Star-Tribune report here.
Context is Everything: Al Frankin Shows How Coleman Dropped the Context for a Franken Joke, Making Franken Look Hysterical and Angry
In Minnesota polls, Frankin has recently surged ahead of Coleman. One reason: People seem to be put off by the gross distortions of Franken’s character fostered by the Coleman campaign.
Money quote from Politico: A new Star Tribune Minnesota poll released yesterday shows a 13-point jump in support in the last month for Democratic comedian-turned-politician Al Franken, who’s now taken his first clear lead, 43 percent to 34 percent, in … Continue reading