- 2,467,371 readers since June 2008
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Vincent on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- zachrous on Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Neutrino Speed-of-Light Watch: Stephen Hawking Refuses to Comment Yet
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What Did Friedrich Nietzsche Take from Charles Darwin?
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Does Trump Have Dementia–And If So, Should It Be Made Public?
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: anderl von rinn
A Very Grimm Fairytale, Indeed: The Anti-Semitic Blood Libel Folk Story of Anderl von Rinn (also Known as “Andreas Oxner”) Appeared in One of the Earliest Editions of the Grimm Brothers’ “Fairytales” (Early 19th Century)
The first Christian “blood libel” story directed toward Jews is in the Gospel of Matthew (where the gospel writer claims that the Jewish crowd at Jesus’ trial, crying for his crucifixion, collectively called out to Pontius Pilate: “His blood be upon us and upon our children!”). Subsequent blood … Continue reading