- 2,773,585 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: antisemitism
Acclaimed Holocaust historian, Daniel Goldhagen, in his most recent book, The Devil That Never Dies: The Rise and Threat of Global Antisemitism (Little, Brown & Co. 2013), claims the following about the New Testament: The Christian bible contains four hundred … Continue reading
With India’s rise on the global stage, it would seem valuable to know the attitudes of its most elite educated teenagers, and Dilip D’Sousa at the Daily Beast reports that a not inconsiderable number of them harbor fascist sentiments: My … Continue reading
Um, those allies would include those of us in the United States. __________ And we give them money. (Or, more accurately, we borrow money from the Chinese and then pass it on to the Egyptians.) Especially galling is when the cleric … Continue reading
Nope. This is at the Iranian news agency website this morning (the FARS News Agency online): Addressing a defense gathering here in Tehran on Sunday, General Firouzabadi said that nations should realize the threats and dangers posed by the Zionist regime … Continue reading
An example of Christopher Hitchens telling it like it is. In an age suffused with fakery and obfuscation, Hitchens was a breath of fresh air.
I think this remix on Rick Perry’s “Strong” ad illustrates rather nicely the ugly way that gays function as “out-group” in contemporary Republican politics:
Out of 30,000 schools in Great Britain, 160 are Muslim faith schools. Below is a deeply troubling BBC report on what some of these schools are teaching: So this is what happens when you set out to live a segregated and parallel … Continue reading
Sigmund Freud, in the early 1930s, quipped that he was pleased to see that the German and Austrian antisemites appeared content to burn his books and not him. And, of course, within a few years, as things escalated, it wasn’t … Continue reading
Toward Muslim American Citizens, Sarah Palin Plays the Dolchstoss Card (the Dagger Thrust from the Enemy Within)
Above: a 1919 postcard image of a Jew stabbing a German soldier in the back. Source: Wikipedia Commons. The dolchstoss (dagger thrust) legend was a canard perpetrated by German conservatives after the first World War. The claim was that the German … Continue reading
Isn’t Glenn Beck a lovely human being? Here what he said on Tuesday about Jesus and the Jews: Jesus conquered death. He wasn’t victimized. He chose to give his life. He did have a choice. If he was a victim, … Continue reading
U.S. Holocaust Museum Rifleman James W. von Brunn and Bill O’Reilly Agree: The New York Times Wants “to break down the white, Christian, male power structure”
But, hey, don’t blame O’Reilly for giving aid and comfort to far-right racist and Antisemitic elements in America, right? In light of U.S. Holocaust Museum rifleman James W. von Brunn’s white supremicist Internet screeds, and Fox News’s attempt to set distance between itself … Continue reading
At around 11:30 this morning, I was blown away by what I saw at Matt Drudge’s website. Drudge made use of a classic antisemitic visual template—the sinister, overlarge, and shadowy Jew—as a way of supporting his “reporting” on the besieged Pope Benedict. … Continue reading
What is Ohio resident John Demjanjuk accused of? According to Der Spiegel, Demjanjuk may be an accessory to the murder of 29,000 people: On March 10, the State Public Prosecutor in Munich issued an arrest warrant against Demjanjuk, first making … Continue reading
According to the U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive, Father Bruno (Henri Reynders), a Belgian Benedictine monk, “presided over a vast rescue effort that protected the lives of between 300 and 400 Jews, most of them children, during the German occupation.” … Continue reading
In the 1930s, Adolf Hitler sought, and received, support from many German Protestants and Catholics. At a Berlin rally, Hitler warmly greets a Roman Catholic Bishop, and is warmly greeted in return. Source: U.S. Holocaust Museum photo archive
Andrew Sullivan Apologizes for Comparing Larry Summers to a Christ Killing Jewish Moneylender in a Hieronymus Bosch Painting
For this Andrew Sullivan got some grief from at least one reader, and has apologized on his blog: Oy. In my survey of Getty photos for the Face Of The Day, I thought that one of Summers was a gripping … Continue reading
Hieronymus Bosch Christ Killers, Larry Summers, and Andrew Sullivan: Michael Weiss, of New Criterion, Calls Out Andrew Sullivan for Reinforcing an Anti-Semitic Caricature
After my own posting on Andrew Sullivan comparing Larry Summers to a Jewish Christ-killer caricature in a Bosch painting, I noticed that Michael Weiss, at New Criterion, also saw what I did, and laid in on Andrew Sullivan for it: “See if … Continue reading
Christian Antisemitism? Andrew Sullivan, Larry Summers, and Christ Killers in a Hieronymus Bosch Painting
Last night, the Atlantic’s Andrew Sullivan posted this image of Barack Obama’s chief economics advisor, Larry Summers: And this morning, a reader directed Sullivan to the Bosch painting below, suggesting that Summers bore a striking resemblance to the Jewish character … Continue reading
Lest We Forget: In February, 1972, Billy Graham and Richard Nixon Discuss Jews, in a Paranoid and Anti-Semitic Fashion, in the Oval Office
A segment from the Nixon tapes reveals a dark, anti-Semitic and paranoid streak in both Billy Graham and Richard Nixon: