- 2,777,506 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- Martha Nussbaum's Question: How Can We Activate Our Imaginative, Critical, And Moral Intelligences Against Invisibility?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 week ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Bill O’Reilly
A new documentary on global warming, Chasing Ice, is attracting a lot of positive critical buzz and appears to pack quite a wallop. At least it did for this person: _________ This is going on my “films to see” list. … Continue reading
The end of “traditional America,” of course, is Tea Party code for the end of the political success of its Fox News constructed, eccentric, and childish narrative about America from 1789-2012. The perceived crisis of America is not actually in … Continue reading
Bill O’Reilly was pissed last night, blaming President Obama’s reelection on the old and tired chestnut that the poorer half of the voting public is parasitic on the richer half, and so voted for the guy promising the most free … Continue reading
This curious ad comes from the Israeli government. Its purpose is to discourage Israelis from marrying American Jews or moving to America (as either of these might lead to such horrors as Christmas-celebrating grandchildren). Andrew Sullivan sees the ad as … Continue reading
Even though I’m an agnostic, I love Christmas music and Christmas movies. I must, for example, have upward of 300 Christmas songs on my iPod. And every year my family and I watch Alastair Sim as Scrooge in A Christmas Carol and … Continue reading
No wonder the president has been smiling all day. As you might expect, now that the health care reform bill has actually passed, the public’s approval of it has markedly improved. This is what the Democrats were banking on all along, … Continue reading
It’s November, and that means that, as we move ever closer to December and Christmas, that it’s once again time for the annual running of the bull, as in Bill O’Reilly, who will once again entertain us all by engaging godless secular … Continue reading
In the New York Times today, David Brooks deconstructs the recent history of the talk radio right: It is a story of remarkable volume and utter weakness. It is the story of media mavens who claim to represent a hidden … Continue reading
Pinch me. Bill O’Reilly said something nice about Barack Obama! Three ghosts must have visited him last night, but credit where credit’s due: What he has achieved in his 48 years is simply astounding. Consider the odds. The United States … Continue reading
U.S. Holocaust Museum Rifleman James W. von Brunn and Bill O’Reilly Agree: The New York Times Wants “to break down the white, Christian, male power structure”
But, hey, don’t blame O’Reilly for giving aid and comfort to far-right racist and Antisemitic elements in America, right? In light of U.S. Holocaust Museum rifleman James W. von Brunn’s white supremicist Internet screeds, and Fox News’s attempt to set distance between itself … Continue reading
After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings: Contemporary Right Wing Racism—and the Threat It Poses to President Obama
Shepard Smith basically said aloud what I’ve been thinking for awhile. The hyper-amped far-right in this country is ginning up an atmosphere that makes Obama’s assassination ever more likely. Last week it was the murder of an abortion clinic doctor … Continue reading
Would it have been murder to kill Auschwitz’s Dr. Josef Mengele? Here’s what Scott Roeder, the man suspected of killing Dr. George Tiller, posted on an Operation Rescue affiliated website: It seems as though what is happening in Kansas could … Continue reading
Sounding like a 1920s German fascist or communist impatient with bourgeois parliamentary democracy in the Weimar Republic, Salon.com reports that a tea bag protester expressed his wish that, on 9/11, our nation’s Congressional building had simply been obliterated. This is really illiberal creepy … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Bill Ayers tells the New Yorker that, during the election season, he watched FOX News! Money quote: One night, Ayers recalled, he and Dohrn were watching Bill O’Reilly, who was going on about “discovering” Ayers’s 1974 manifesto, “Prairie Fire.” “I … Continue reading
Countdown to Obamageddon: Gallup shows, by all three of its polling measures, Obama on a stable trajectory with no tightening, and just 48 hours to go! Know hope.
Source: Sage Stossel. Cindy McCain. She can afford to go to a Halloween Party as Sarah Palin.