- 2,503,420 readers since June 2008
- anita on What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Elijah Leon on David Berlinski defends God’s role in the Holocaust: “God did not protect his chosen people…[but] did…smite their enemies, with generations to come in mourning or obsessed by shame.”
- John on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sue on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- x on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Tori Lahaye on Why was Socrates Put to Death?
- Anonymous on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Julien Myrrhe on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Þögul ástríða eða villtar nætur? – Bókaskápur Ástu S. on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Vickie on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sakib on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Santi Tafarella on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- In the Free Will Debate, Does the Truth Matter?
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Bill O’Reilly
A new documentary on global warming, Chasing Ice, is attracting a lot of positive critical buzz and appears to pack quite a wallop. At least it did for this person: _________ This is going on my “films to see” list. … Continue reading
The end of “traditional America,” of course, is Tea Party code for the end of the political success of its Fox News constructed, eccentric, and childish narrative about America from 1789-2012. The perceived crisis of America is not actually in … Continue reading
Bill O’Reilly was pissed last night, blaming President Obama’s reelection on the old and tired chestnut that the poorer half of the voting public is parasitic on the richer half, and so voted for the guy promising the most free … Continue reading
This curious ad comes from the Israeli government. Its purpose is to discourage Israelis from marrying American Jews or moving to America (as either of these might lead to such horrors as Christmas-celebrating grandchildren). Andrew Sullivan sees the ad as … Continue reading
Even though I’m an agnostic, I love Christmas music and Christmas movies. I must, for example, have upward of 300 Christmas songs on my iPod. And every year my family and I watch Alastair Sim as Scrooge in A Christmas Carol and … Continue reading
No wonder the president has been smiling all day. As you might expect, now that the health care reform bill has actually passed, the public’s approval of it has markedly improved. This is what the Democrats were banking on all along, … Continue reading
It’s November, and that means that, as we move ever closer to December and Christmas, that it’s once again time for the annual running of the bull, as in Bill O’Reilly, who will once again entertain us all by engaging godless secular … Continue reading
In the New York Times today, David Brooks deconstructs the recent history of the talk radio right: It is a story of remarkable volume and utter weakness. It is the story of media mavens who claim to represent a hidden … Continue reading
Pinch me. Bill O’Reilly said something nice about Barack Obama! Three ghosts must have visited him last night, but credit where credit’s due: What he has achieved in his 48 years is simply astounding. Consider the odds. The United States … Continue reading
U.S. Holocaust Museum Rifleman James W. von Brunn and Bill O’Reilly Agree: The New York Times Wants “to break down the white, Christian, male power structure”
But, hey, don’t blame O’Reilly for giving aid and comfort to far-right racist and Antisemitic elements in America, right? In light of U.S. Holocaust Museum rifleman James W. von Brunn’s white supremicist Internet screeds, and Fox News’s attempt to set distance between itself … Continue reading
After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings: Contemporary Right Wing Racism—and the Threat It Poses to President Obama
Shepard Smith basically said aloud what I’ve been thinking for awhile. The hyper-amped far-right in this country is ginning up an atmosphere that makes Obama’s assassination ever more likely. Last week it was the murder of an abortion clinic doctor … Continue reading
Would it have been murder to kill Auschwitz’s Dr. Josef Mengele? Here’s what Scott Roeder, the man suspected of killing Dr. George Tiller, posted on an Operation Rescue affiliated website: It seems as though what is happening in Kansas could … Continue reading
Sounding like a 1920s German fascist or communist impatient with bourgeois parliamentary democracy in the Weimar Republic, Salon.com reports that a tea bag protester expressed his wish that, on 9/11, our nation’s Congressional building had simply been obliterated. This is really illiberal creepy … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Bill Ayers tells the New Yorker that, during the election season, he watched FOX News! Money quote: One night, Ayers recalled, he and Dohrn were watching Bill O’Reilly, who was going on about “discovering” Ayers’s 1974 manifesto, “Prairie Fire.” “I … Continue reading
Countdown to Obamageddon: Gallup shows, by all three of its polling measures, Obama on a stable trajectory with no tightening, and just 48 hours to go! Know hope.
Source: Sage Stossel. Cindy McCain. She can afford to go to a Halloween Party as Sarah Palin.