- 2,820,335 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: Bishop Richard Williamson
Nazis in Vienna force Jews to scrub a street as non-Jewish spectators look on: Source: U.S. Holocaust Museum. Photograph is in the public domain.
This German Jewish girl (age 7) was part of the Kindertransport that, in 1939, got 10,000 Jewish children out of Nazi-controlled areas of Europe. Her name: Dorrith Oppenheim. She ended up in Scotland. Her parents died at Auschwitz in 1944. More … Continue reading
It’s carnival season in Germany, and Der Spiegal showed today this float depicting the pope shaking hands with the anti-Semite and Holocaust denier, Bishop Richard Williams. More carnival photos here.
“St. Paul put it this way: The Jews are beloved for the sake of Our Father, but our enemies for the sake of the gospel”: Anti-Semite and Holocaust Denying Catholic Bishop, Richard Williamson, Spouts More Stupidity in an Interview with Der Spiegel
Salon.com has an English translation of the interview that Bishop Richard Williamson did with Der Spiegel, the German news magazine. As one might expect, the bishop dug an even deeper intellectual and moral hole for himself, refusing an offer to … Continue reading
Here is part of Auschwitz Commandant Rudolf Hoess’s official testimony at the Nuremburg Trials, 1946: The “final solution” of the Jewish question meant the complete extermination of all Jews in Europe. l was ordered to establish extermination facilities at Auschwitz … Continue reading
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Image of Hungarian Jews from Carpatho-Ruthenia Arriving at Auschwitz-Birkenau, May-June 1944
Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Image from the Concentration Camp at Mauthausen-Gusen in Austria, 1945
Christopher Hitchens on What Pope Benedict’s Reversal of Excommunication on Antisemite and Holocaust Denier, Bishop Richard Williamson, Means
At Newsweek, Christopher Hitchens puts in his two cents on Pope Benedict, and his recent reversal of excommunication on the Antisemitic and Holocaust denying Bishop, Richard Williamson. Hitchens reminds us that the Catholic Church, prior to Vatican II, had a long … Continue reading
I thought that conservative essayist Christopher Buckley (at the DailyBeast.com) had the clearest and tartest response to Pope Benedict’s lifting of excommunication on Holocaust denier, Bishop Richard Williamson: What—the fuck—were you thinking of, Your Holiness? This repugnant episode is surely … Continue reading
Pope Benedict’s recent lifting of excommunication on Bishop Richard Williamson, a Holocaust denier, raises the question of whether Holocaust denial is a position that a reasonable person can simply arrive at by a dispassionate survey of the evidence, or whether it … Continue reading
Salon.com has an excellent essay today on the tone deafness of the Catholic Church with regard to the Holocaust and Antisemitism. It comes in response to Pope Benedict rescinding the excommunication of Bishop Richard Williamson, an outspoken Holocaust denier, Antisemite, and Freemasonry conspiracy theory … Continue reading
“I do not wish to belong to the same Church as Williamson”: At the London Telegraph a Catholic Forcefully Responds to Pope Benedict’s Embrace of a Holocaust Denier, Bishop Richard Williamson
“I do not wish to belong to the same Church as Williamson . . .” So says Catholic Damien Thompson, in the Telgraph of London, in response to Pope Benedict reversing the excommunication of Holocaust-denier Richard Williamson. Read Thompson’s full response to … Continue reading