- 2,773,581 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: black holes
Concerning the Italian researchers’ discovery that neutrinos may be exceeding the speed of light, this is at Reuters today: “It is premature to comment on this,” Professor Stephen Hawking, the world’s most well-known physicist, told Reuters. “Further experiments and clarifications … Continue reading
Physicists are excited. The Washington Post this week has a very brief article, absent details, suggesting that maybe the CERN Large Hadron Collider has started to pick the lock on the Big Bang and the so-called God Particle (the Higgs boson): … Continue reading
In a new theory worthy of Alice in Wonderland, the Washington Post reports today that a cosmologist, Nikodem Poplawski, posits that each black hole may contain a universe inside of it, and we ourselves may be inside a black hole: We could be … Continue reading
Indiana University Monday: IU theoretical physicist Nikodem Poplawski in research published in “Physics Letters B” uses Euclidean-based mathematical modeling to suggest that all black holes may have wormholes inside which exist universes created at the same time as the black holes. And Nikodem Poplawski’s mathematical … Continue reading
On Monday, the Large Hadron Collider started cracking little knuckleheads of protons into one another, and here’s what the New York Times says is the ramp up schedule for ever greater energy knock-about levels (ultimately leading to Big Bang equivelent energy collisions): … Continue reading
In an interview with Alan Gillis, Otto Rossler, a Max Plank Institute chemist and physicist with 300 scientific papers to his credit, thinks the Large Hadron Collider could destroy the Earth. Here he describes his visit to CERN this summer: Alan … Continue reading
Skeptic magazine recently had a rather thorough (and I thought disturbing) article on the Large Hadron Collider and scientific opinion concerning its safety. Here’s a quote from the article: [I]n a recent version of the safety of the LHC posted … Continue reading
In reading my most recent dead tree edition of Skeptic magazine, I noticed that there were two articles on the Large Hadron Collider and the potential catastrophic effects that could come from bringing it up to full power (black holes eating the Earth, etc). … Continue reading
In September, 2008, the CERN Large Hadron Collider was slated to fully power up, but there were glitches that have stalled (until November of 2009) its search for the Higgs boson (the particle/field responsible for making mass, and thus matter, … Continue reading
In November of 2009, the CERN Large Hadron Collider Will Begin the Process of Replicating the First Billionth of a Second After the Big Bang
Yes, you read that right. Billionth of a second. The European particle collider will work, under controlled conditions, with energies literally billions of times hotter than the sun’s core, and most physicists think that the collider, at its highest speeds, may even generate … Continue reading
Expert Physicists Say that the Large Hadron Collider is Safe and Won’t Create a Black Hole That Will Swallow the Earth. So How Come Conservatives Aren’t Freaked about This?
Most American conservatives (presumably) follow the expert advice of their family physicians when they are told that, say, they need to see a specialist with regard to a symptom, or need surgery. And they might well go under the knife … Continue reading
The CERN Hadron Collider may soon find out, and Jared Burton directed me to an interesting article about it. (And David Bowie may have gotten there first.) But in any case, according to the New York Times yesterday, two prominent … Continue reading
Cosmological Natural Selection and the Timeless Block Universe? Maybe All Bullshit, Says Physicist Lee Smolin
Famed multiverse theorist, physicist Lee Smolin, in a recent essay, says he isn’t sure whether he even believes in his own multiverse hypothesis anymore, but he does give it credit for having some predictive power and experimental support: An alternative … Continue reading