- 2,504,420 readers since June 2008
- anita on What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Elijah Leon on David Berlinski defends God’s role in the Holocaust: “God did not protect his chosen people…[but] did…smite their enemies, with generations to come in mourning or obsessed by shame.”
- John on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sue on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- x on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Tori Lahaye on Why was Socrates Put to Death?
- Anonymous on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Julien Myrrhe on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Þögul ástríða eða villtar nætur? – Bókaskápur Ástu S. on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Vickie on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Sakib on Islam vs. Christianity, and the Mark of the Beast
- Christopher Giustolisi on The Line Between Blasphemy and Iconoclasm: Why PZ Myers Crossed It, and Why Atheists Should Take Him to Task for Doing So
- Angela Monique Sylvester on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Santi Tafarella on If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Self Calming: 86 Ways To Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System
- With Stormy Daniels, The Power of Sex–Not the Russians, Not the Majority of Voters–May Finally Achieve Trump’s Unraveling
- Tariffs Are for Friends of Trump–But Not the Rest of Us
- If Trump Now Fires Mueller, Collusion with Russia Will Be Happening Every Day in Real Time
- Trump Slurs His Speech–Again
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGroper Donald P. Groper. Donald Trump is done, right? 1 year ago
- #DonaldPGrabber Donald P. Grabber. Donald Trump is done. 1 year ago
Tag Archives: book review
“In three days, live!”: A Book Review of Israel Knohl’s “Messiahs and Resurrection in ‘The Gabriel Revelation'” (Continuum 2009)
Israel Knohl’s book, Messiahs and Resurrection in The Gabriel Revelation, is an important event for students of Christian origins, for it is the first book-length treatment, by a prominent biblical scholar, of an unusually important archaeological artifact: A recently discovered … Continue reading
Aristophanes’ comedy, Clouds, is a humorous send-up of ancient Greek rationalism, science, atheism, and lawyerly sophistry, as supposedly represented by Socrates and the philosophical and sophistic schools of Athens. Aristophanes portrays Greek intellectuals as an arrogant class of effete and … Continue reading