- 2,759,747 readers since June 2008
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Fake People, Pure Product - Ordinary Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Afterlife’ Debuts in New ‘Dickinson’ Trailer - Screen Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Pandora on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Who Is Stephen Greenblatt? Why Should You Care?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- About Santi Tafarella
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: cindy mccain
Is Something Wrong With Him?: An Image of John McCain Showing Reflexive Revulsion—Apparently at the Thought of Following Obama Offstage
It may be just a function of his age, but all the weird facial gestures, the tongue-jutting, the high-held shoulders, the heavy blinking—and the ever simmering rage and resentment—made McCain seem unbalanced during his third debate with Obama. And after … Continue reading
“Senator McCain Had the Closest Personal Friendship with Charles Keating”: See the John McCain “Keating Five” 13 Minute Bank Fraud & Collapse Scandal Documentary Here
“I’m Not a Rich Man”: Yes, John McCain Really Just Said That. See It Here. A Fiddler with the Truth Deserves a Response from The Fiddler on the Roof
Fiddling with the truth: Fiddler on the Roof:
Is Elitist Code for Uppity?: On the Last Day of the 2008 Republican Convention, a Georgian Congressman Hits the Obamas with the U-Word
The Hill reported today that a Republican congressman, bluntly and without apology, used the “U-word” to describe the Obamas: Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland used the racially-tinged term “uppity” to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama Thursday. Westmoreland was … Continue reading
Unwarranted Palin Belief: Conservative David Frum Suggests That If Palin Proves to Be a Plus For McCain, It Will Be the Result of Luck, NOT the Product of a Measured, Rational Decision
David Frum of National Review, on Sarah Palin the day after her 2008 Republican Convention speech: From the beginning, the internal controversy (such as it is) over Sarah Palin has been a controversy not about Palin herself, but about John … Continue reading
Cindy McCain’s $300,000 Heartland Outfit: Alex Koppelman of Slate Ironically Skewers the Faux Populism of the Republican Convention
Alex Koppelman of Slate on the third night of the 2008 Republican convention: You know, when the days get darkest for me, when it seems like there’s no hope left in this country, I’m always cheered by the fact that … Continue reading
I watched Sarah Palin’s Republican Convention speech, and the word that I thought characterized her tone and demeanor was: disenchanted. In other words, she comes across as a “don’t tread on me” conservative who is dismissive of urban liberalism, and … Continue reading
Poorly Thought Out, Followed by Denial and Full Speed Ahead!: Is VP Pick Sarah Palin Yet Another Iraq-like Fiasco for Republicans?
Conservative Atlantic blogger, Andrew Sullivan, sees a pattern: This . . . reminds me of the Iraq war. Even though the warning signs are now blaring red and flashing, even though we face a meltdown if Palin is nominated, and … Continue reading
“The debate over whether the Republican party is now unfit for public office at a national level is now resolved.” Conservative Andrew Sullivan on McCain’s VP Choice
Atlantic writer, and conservative, Andrew Sullivan today at his blog: [P]artly out of insane cynicism (did he really believe Hillary’s voters would switch over to vote for Palin?), partly out of a shallow liking for a shallow reading of Palin’s record, … Continue reading
Question: Of the Thousands of Delegates at the 2008 Republican National Convention, How Many Are African American?
Answer: 36. Source: Conservative KFI Radio, Los Angeles It’s the lowest number of African American delegates to a Republican national party convention in history.
An Itsy-Bitsy Thing McCain’s Perfunctory Vetting Process Missed: For Two Years, in the 1990s, Sarah Palin May Have Been a Member of an Alaska Secessionist Group!
Oops. John McCain, on Thursday, when he met with Sarah Palin, forgot to ask her this little question: Before I invite you onto the ticket with me, you’ve never, like, you know, been involved with any groups advocating Alaska’s secession from the United States, or … Continue reading
She Felt Their Pain, Then Stopped Feeling It: The Anchorage Daily News Details VP Pick Sarah Palin’s Support for—then Opposition to—The Bridge to Nowhere Federal Project
The Anchorage Daily News details Sarah Palin’s flip-flop on “The Bridge to Nowhere” Federal Project. Money quote: When John McCain introduced Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate Friday, her reputation as a tough-minded budget-cutter was front and center. “I … Continue reading
VP Pick Sarah Palin’s Flip-Flop: She Was FOR the Federal “Bridge to Nowhere” Before She was AGAINST IT
This appeared in the Times of London TODAY: [I]n a first unsettling revelation – which the McCain camp will hope does not become a pattern – the Anchorage Daily News reported yesterday that when she ran for governor Mrs Palin … Continue reading
“Alaska is the Closest Part of Our Continent to Russia”: Cindy McCain Makes Alaska’s Proximity to Siberia a Foreign Policy Qualification for Sarah Palin!
The brazen insincerity of Cindy McCain’s response, the lack of adult seriousness, the wrecklessness, and the underlying contempt for the intelligence of voters that it represents, would be funny if this were a faux news clip from the ONION. But it’s not. … Continue reading
“This Could Be Ballgame Over”: CNN’s Jack Cafferty and His Viewers React to McCain’s Apparently Ill-Considered VP Pick, Sarah Palin
She’s a woman, like Hillary Clinton, but the comparison stops there. Will moderate and liberal women drink McCain’s version of political near beer—Sarah Palin?
What was John McCain thinking? Clearly, his advisors and pollsters told him, if he wanted a serious shot at being president, his VP pick had to excite: the Republican base (read fundamentalist Christians) and women who wanted Hillary for president This … Continue reading