- 2,825,070 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Two Roswell Witnesses: Major Jesse Marcel in a 1984 Interview and Lt. Jack Trowbridge in a More Recent Interview
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: conservative
Concerning a study of bonobo altruism, this was in The New York Times recently: The subjects were all orphaned bonobos at the Lola ya Bonobo sanctuary in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In one phase of the study, bonobos were given a pile … Continue reading
In the realm of politics and religion, I see six different kinds of people: the right-wing conformist the left-wing conformist the centrist conformist the right-wing nonconformist the left-wing nonconformist the centrist nonconformist Which one would you say represents you? And … Continue reading
You can’t change your mind in a liberal direction if you can’t keep a line of argumentation straight in your head. Thus is Rick Perry’s conservative purity guaranteed. His rational faculties impaired, he’ll always “think” with his gut. Therefore, score a big … Continue reading
I agree that both the left and right threaten to take freedom hostage—but in different ways—and that’s why America works: the left generally holds the right in check and the right generally holds the left in check. To my mind, this is … Continue reading
John Santore of Media Matters calls out Glenn Beck for helping to spawn a right wing cultural climate of hysteria and paranoia that is now poised to spill over into very real and serious violence: How many times can Beck portray Obama as … Continue reading
God, this was so refreshing. So non-Orwellian. And on Fox News!
Supreme Court Justice Nominee Sonia Sotomayor: Win-Win for President Obama, Lose-Lose for Sotomayor’s Opponents?
National Journal’s Stuart Taylor deconstructs the politics of President Barack Obama’s Sonia Sotomayor nomination here. Money quote: The choice of Sotomayor also puts Republicans and moderate Democrats who may be deeply unhappy with her jurisprudence in a lose-lose position, and Obama … Continue reading
Conservatives Aroused and Outraged Over Wanda Sykes’s Rush Limbaugh Joke (But Bush Era Torture Yields a Yawn)
The teasing of Rush Limbaugh’s oxycontin saturated kidneys has to stop! In the name of basic decency, how could anyone joke about such a thing—or laugh at it? Organ failure is never funny, mkay? But torture just short of the limits of … Continue reading
So says Politico today: Women make up almost 51 percent of the U.S. population but less than 10 percent of the House and Senate GOP — a gender disconnect that could make the Republicans’ climb back to power even steeper … Continue reading
If Republicans can’t hold their moderates, how will they win elections? Today, in the New York Times, is an article on Republicans’ larger problem: not just losing a moderate like Arlen Specter, but the party’s increased ideological marginalization (such as on issues like gay equality). … Continue reading
So according to a new Washington Post poll. That’s the lowest Republican self-identification in over 25 years. Just one in five Americans is now openly Republican. Imagine. And what’s left of the Republican Party seems to be veering towards the … Continue reading
And you thought Rush Limbaugh was KRayZeee. Here are some second tier far-right radio and internet media broadcasters laying in on Ann Coulter and Mitt Romney. This is what the Republican Party has become, and has to contend with, to … Continue reading
The film, Indoctrinate U: Our Education, Their Politics, has low production values, and appears to have been created entirely by two conservative university students visiting numerous college and university campuses around the United States (one holding a boom mike and speaking, the … Continue reading
Sean Quinn at FiveThirtyEight.com: [T]he Obama brand and Limbaugh brand are in direct opposition. Obama’s brand is about intellectual curiosity, empathy, personal respect for his ideological counterparts, and problem-solving. Limbaugh plays “Barack the Magic Negro” on his show and makes … Continue reading
The Republican party on Tuesday?:
Conservative Peggy Noonan Uses Her Considerable Skills as a Writer to Make an Eloquent and Moving Case for Barack Obama
Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal yesterday: The case for Barack Obama, in broad strokes: He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as … Continue reading
“A Shallow and Damagogic Politician”: Conservative Writer, Noah Millman, Sours on Palin, and Alludes, Alas, to William Blake
On Wednesday, Noah Millman confessed his disappointment with Sarah Palin, likening his response to her as a movement from Blakean innocence to sober experience. Money quote: [P]retty much everything she has said or done since her appearance on the national stage – beginning … Continue reading