- 2,820,341 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Escher's Ants on a Mobius Strip: Blake's Moving Image of Eternity, Kafka's prison, or Dostoevsky's Spider?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 8 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: dance
Research suggests that opening out the body with postures reminiscent of Blake’s Vitruvian man increases esteem, confidence in speaking, and risk-taking. Two ways to open your body are to do some very particular yoga postures or dance. In the below video, Daft Punk … Continue reading
He’s “up all night to get lucky.”
Daft Punk meets Soul Train. The French musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter (who make up Daft Punk) were both born in the 1970s, so this seems an apt remix for one of their songs. And the dancers, in terms of age, are pushing 60 now. … Continue reading
Mayor Bloomberg’s sign language translator, Lydia Calas, is really something. ___________ Here’s somebody putting her to music:
The following film, as a single tracking shot, put me in mind of Russian Ark. It was filmed on May 22nd in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Roger Ebert calls it “The greatest music video ever made.” I wouldn’t go anywhere near that far. Has … Continue reading
Some male devotees accompany their chain-wielding goddess: Below are some fit lines from Euripides’ Bakkhai (from scene 1) describing Korybantes—ecstatic drumming and pipe-playing young men devoted to the Phrygian mother-goddess Kybele: Triple-crested Korybantes Devised for me The circle of stretched hide! In … Continue reading
At 538 yesterday was a tidy summing up of the trecherous demographic waters facing the Republican Party as it moves into the next decade or two: The Center for American Politics’ Ruy Teixeira, one of the top political demographers in … Continue reading
Some thoughts related to this here. Background here.
And in what you love and dream, be free.
Karma cleanser: Feel better now?
Hey, Apollo! Who let Dionysus into this wedding ceremony early? Isn’t Dionysus supposed to slip in at the end—with the wet and lusty kiss? And yes, the video has gone viral: