- 2,589,643 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- busty on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Maria C. on How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- J on How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Daniel on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- iranblogknew.ir on Trump’s VP Pick Mike Pence a Homophobe
- irancorporate.ir/ on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- edwardpalamar on Was Jesus the Only One to Rise from the Dead on Easter Weekend?
- collin237 on Thinking Critically about Critical Theory
- BestAurelio on Christopher Hitchens, Henry David Thoreau, and Peitho
- Rachel Jennings-Tafarella on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.2: Notice Where Arguments Start And Stop
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.3: Worldview
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.6: Distinguishing The Logically Possible From The Actual | Prometheus Unbound on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.4: Spanning The Bridge From Logical Possibility To Truth
- A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method — Prometheus Unbound – „Ingerii sunt spirite inaripate, prietene cu spiritul tau inaripat.“ on A Mini-Course In Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.8: Scientific Method
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- How Crazy is Dr. David Jeremiah?
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Experimented upon at Auschwitz
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- What is a Human, Really? Thinking about Definition via Aristotle
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "Symbols": A Poem by Christina Rossetti
- Adam Smith and Capitalism for Beginners
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.6: Moving From First Sentence To Thesis
- A Mini-Course in Critical Thinking For Writers. Concept 1.16: Thinking Critically About Beauty, Art, And Literature
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 4 months ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 6 months ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 1 year ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 1 year ago
- If Trump establishes a Muslim registry, and calls on Muslims to provide their names, this agnostic will be joining them. #registerasamuslim 2 years ago
Tag Archives: Democrat
At AlterNet.com today, Adele Stan makes the health care debate stakes crystal clear: If President Barack Obama succeeds in signing a major health care reform bill into law — one that provides a public plan for people currently priced out … Continue reading
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
The Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment on right wing extremism (April 2009) was vociferously panned by Shout Radio and Fox News conservatives. But the report now seems rather prescient in the light of two violent far-right incidents in the past two … Continue reading
A bit of a flashback:
Doesn’t that one make your heart go pitter-patter? Paul Begala lets loose: The inimitable Mark Shields says there are two kinds of political parties: those that seek out converts and those that hunt down heretics. Barack Obama – like Ronald … Continue reading
During the 2008 primary, both Rush Limbaugh and Paul Krugman wanted to see Hillary Clinton defeat Barack Obama. And since Obama has become president, Limbaugh and Krugman have both been in a pissy public funk about it. They remind me of William … Continue reading
Sean Quinn at FiveThirtyEight.com: [T]he Obama brand and Limbaugh brand are in direct opposition. Obama’s brand is about intellectual curiosity, empathy, personal respect for his ideological counterparts, and problem-solving. Limbaugh plays “Barack the Magic Negro” on his show and makes … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Presidency on Ice: At the G20 Summit, World Leaders Can’t Even Bring Themselves to Shake Bush’s Hand
At the G20 economic summit George Bush is literally shunned by other world leaders. Note in the video below that he neither shakes hands with others, nor do they attempt to shake hands with him. This is what Bush’s rigid … Continue reading
If the Republicans lose decisively on Tuesday, let’s hope that most McCain voters respond like Betty and Bob Hart did to a Salon.com reporter in Pennsylvania: After Betty and Bob Hart of New Hope, Pa., extolled the virtues of Sarah … Continue reading
Same old. Same old.
In the waning days of the campaign, my wife and I stumbled upon a John McCain and Sarah Palin campaign staff unity pep rally, held at one of Cindy McCain’s houses. Here’s what we saw:
ABC News: [S]ome McCain camp insiders tell ABC News they simply couldn’t put Palin out in front of the media any more than they did because she wasn’t ready. The Palin camp is fighting back, arguing that if the McCain … Continue reading
I still think this is first: And here’s a poll for you to render your own judgment:
Another Conservative Jumps Ship: Scott McClellan, Bush’s Former Press Sec’y, Says He’s Backing Obama
CNN: Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday he’s voting for Barack Obama.