- 2,886,677 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- Trump's New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- James Baldwin on Death
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Democrat
At AlterNet.com today, Adele Stan makes the health care debate stakes crystal clear: If President Barack Obama succeeds in signing a major health care reform bill into law — one that provides a public plan for people currently priced out … Continue reading
And hence so is global peace. Andrew Sullivan said something today that completely blew me away: [T]he use of the Koran in resisting oppression of this kind, now confirmed all over the place, strikes me as a vital gesture. It … Continue reading
The Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment on right wing extremism (April 2009) was vociferously panned by Shout Radio and Fox News conservatives. But the report now seems rather prescient in the light of two violent far-right incidents in the past two … Continue reading
A bit of a flashback:
Doesn’t that one make your heart go pitter-patter? Paul Begala lets loose: The inimitable Mark Shields says there are two kinds of political parties: those that seek out converts and those that hunt down heretics. Barack Obama – like Ronald … Continue reading
During the 2008 primary, both Rush Limbaugh and Paul Krugman wanted to see Hillary Clinton defeat Barack Obama. And since Obama has become president, Limbaugh and Krugman have both been in a pissy public funk about it. They remind me of William … Continue reading
Sean Quinn at FiveThirtyEight.com: [T]he Obama brand and Limbaugh brand are in direct opposition. Obama’s brand is about intellectual curiosity, empathy, personal respect for his ideological counterparts, and problem-solving. Limbaugh plays “Barack the Magic Negro” on his show and makes … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight.com gives the details of today’s absentee ballot counting here. Money quote: Minnesota took until 5 PM today to begin actually counting rejected absentee ballots, as the Canvassing Board sorted through various legal objections, underwent the arduous task of physically … Continue reading
Presidency on Ice: At the G20 Summit, World Leaders Can’t Even Bring Themselves to Shake Bush’s Hand
At the G20 economic summit George Bush is literally shunned by other world leaders. Note in the video below that he neither shakes hands with others, nor do they attempt to shake hands with him. This is what Bush’s rigid … Continue reading
If the Republicans lose decisively on Tuesday, let’s hope that most McCain voters respond like Betty and Bob Hart did to a Salon.com reporter in Pennsylvania: After Betty and Bob Hart of New Hope, Pa., extolled the virtues of Sarah … Continue reading
Same old. Same old.
In the waning days of the campaign, my wife and I stumbled upon a John McCain and Sarah Palin campaign staff unity pep rally, held at one of Cindy McCain’s houses. Here’s what we saw:
ABC News: [S]ome McCain camp insiders tell ABC News they simply couldn’t put Palin out in front of the media any more than they did because she wasn’t ready. The Palin camp is fighting back, arguing that if the McCain … Continue reading
I still think this is first: And here’s a poll for you to render your own judgment:
Another Conservative Jumps Ship: Scott McClellan, Bush’s Former Press Sec’y, Says He’s Backing Obama
CNN: Scott McClellan, the former White House press secretary who sharply criticized President Bush in his memoir last spring, told CNN Thursday he’s voting for Barack Obama.