- 2,758,756 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Fake People, Pure Product - Ordinary Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Afterlife’ Debuts in New ‘Dickinson’ Trailer - Screen Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- "The Future Has Been Shown to Me to the Year 2037": Jeane Dixon and the Marketing of Miracle, Mystery, and Authority
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- A Golden Rule for the 21st Century? And a Quote That Rivals Anything in Shakespeare or the Bible?
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: Democratic Party
If what Greg Sargent is reporting today is true, American politics is on the verge of a seismic shift: In her most expansive case yet for health reform, Nancy Pelosi argued in a small roundtable with bloggers today that passing … Continue reading
This today at the New Republic: Remember the classic scene in It’s a Wonderful Life? Facing a run on his building and loan, George Bailey tries to explain to his frantic customers how to look after their self-interest. “Don’t you … Continue reading
Health care reform sinks if she doesn’t win. Democrats in Massachusetts better get their vote out. A loss would send an unmistakable signal to the far right that their nihilism and hysterical hyperventilating is rewarded, and pays off at the polls. The … Continue reading
In a recent Newsweek interview, 2012 presidential hopeful, Republican Tim Pawlenty, appears to seriously entertain young Earth creationism: Well, you know I’m an evangelical Christian. I believe that God created everything and that he is who he says he was. … Continue reading
A reader today at Andrew Sullivan’s blog sees analogous fundamentalist political dynamics at work in the United States and India: Perhaps the Democrats can look to India for reasons to be optimistic. At this time, the BJP is in electoral ruins, aided … Continue reading
Rush Limbaugh has been persistently promoting, at his website and on the air, this psychopathic image of Barack Obama as a zombie cannibal blood-mouth malevolently committed to bringing socialism to America: Limbaugh’s attempt to link Barack Obama’s character to Heath … Continue reading
No to fascism! Where do you bring a poster that says this? To protest a march of Nazis through a Jewish neighborhood? To protest a convention of Holocaust deniers? To protest Adolf Hitler? Well, no. If you’re part of the psychologically … Continue reading
Robert Reich today succinctly lays out the tape playing in Republican heads, and why they’re so wound up to try and block healthcare insurance reform: Republicans smell 1994 all over again. That’s when they defeated Clinton’s healthcare plan—and in doing so … Continue reading
I like the new framing, by Democrats, of health care reform as “health insurance reform.” It’s harder to be against health insurance reform, isn’t it?
Deal with it. Amidst all the blue pipe smoke being thrown up by Republicans, AP reports on a new poll that reminds us who it is, exactly, that President Barack Obama is fighting for: A new poll, meanwhile, showed that large numbers … Continue reading
At AlterNet.com today, Adele Stan makes the health care debate stakes crystal clear: If President Barack Obama succeeds in signing a major health care reform bill into law — one that provides a public plan for people currently priced out … Continue reading
The Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment on right wing extremism (April 2009) was vociferously panned by Shout Radio and Fox News conservatives. But the report now seems rather prescient in the light of two violent far-right incidents in the past two … Continue reading
“LET’S HOPE THE MAGIC NEGRO DOES A GOOD JOB”: Fox News Does Racist Scrolling in the Form of a “New Year’s Wish”
Are Rush Limbaugh and Fox News trying to get Republicans and conservatives to revive the word “negro” in everyday public conversation among them? Is this what it means to be a person “on the right” in the 21st century—someone who looks … Continue reading
“Here Comes the Sun”: After a Long, Cold Lonely Bush Winter, See Here Phil Keaggy Sing the Beatles’ Classic Song
On November 5th, the day after the election, will it be “morning in America?”—or mourning in America?
This statement appears in an official Republican Party publication: The October newsletter by the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated says if Obama is elected his image will appear on food stamps — instead of dollar bills like other presidents. The … Continue reading