- 2,825,403 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Lord Byron's pro-war poem?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Howard Nemerov and Learning from History
- Two Interesting UFO Documents: The "Smith Memo" (1950) and Physicist Robert Sarbacher's 1983 Letter
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: election 2008
I felt like, all over America, people stood up for a less authoritarian, less cruel and cynical, America:
I live in California, and my polling place is in the board room at the college campus where I work. I live in a particularly conservative part of the state, and I’ve voted at this location for a number of years. In … Continue reading
From Salon.com this morning: Ohio and Indiana — along with Virginia (13 electoral votes) and North Carolina (15) — are the early-bird, carried-by-Bush states that will determine whether political mavens will show up at work Wednesday morning bleary-eyed from fatigue … Continue reading
Read more about the good news here.
“The largest lead among likely voters to date”: Gallup Polling Today, with Just 48 Hours to Go, Shows Obama AHEAD by 10 POINTS!
Read about it at Gallup here. Hurricane Barack may be reaching maximal strength just as the election arrives. Can we change the course of this country away from Bushism and anti-intellectual religious authoritarian Palinism? Yes we can!
In the waning days of the campaign, my wife and I stumbled upon a John McCain and Sarah Palin campaign staff unity pep rally, held at one of Cindy McCain’s houses. Here’s what we saw:
Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, and Florida: McCain Must Win 3 Out of 4 of These States to Have a Reasonable Chance at Winning Tuesday Night. These Are the Early States to Watch
ABC News: If McCain doesn’t win Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes, he would have to run the table and win all eight of the competitive states that were held by President Bush in 2004, including Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Missouri, Indiana, … Continue reading
This letter to the editor appeared yesterday in the Telluride Daily Planet: Telluride, Colo. – Dear Editor, It was more than mildly disappointing to witness the extraordinary level of racism spewing from the mouths of passing motorists and pedestrians on … Continue reading
For a reflection on the curious echoes between Election 2008 and Nathaniel Hawthorn’s short story, “Young Goodman Brown”, click here.
Ever Given Yourself Over to Someone—or Something—That You Wish You Hadn’t? John McCain Did—to the Right Wing of His Party. But Now There’s Palinex, The Morning After Pill for Political Impulsivity
John McCain doesn’t have a vision for the future, does he?
My four year old knows I’m an admirer of Barack Obama, and so yesterday she drew me the above picture. My wife says that she was trying to decide whether to write over Barack’s head, “I like the world,” or “I … Continue reading
Sarah Palin Metaphor Watch: John McCain’s Wile E. Coyote Goes Over the Cliff. Jonathan Chait, of the New Republic, Soberly Lays Out Palin’s Seemingly Bottomless Fall
Everybody, apparently, doesn’t love Sarah. Calling Sarah Palin “Sarah Quaylin,” Jonathan Chait today documents Palin’s rapid descent from her populist summit: Ever since John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate, I’ve gotten confused about all the reasons I’m supposed to … Continue reading