- 2,882,158 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- Gay Marriage and Thomism
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Fight or Flight? Two Ways to Read Matthew Arnold's Poem, "Requiescat" (1849)
- "The Future Has Been Shown to Me to the Year 2037": Jeane Dixon and the Marketing of Miracle, Mystery, and Authority
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: far right
. Some people think that Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity are sincere believers in God, and they take them at their word when they call themselves Christians. I don’t. I think that all three of them, in their religious … Continue reading
. Andrew Sullivan pairs this quote of Theodor Adorno to an image of Sarah Palin, but the quote works for Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as well: The leader can guess the psychological wants and needs of those susceptible to his … Continue reading
Health Care Reform Hysteria Watch: Rush Limbaugh Equates Barack Obama with Hitler and Claims “America hangs by a thread”
Curious to read Rush Limbaugh’s take on the health care reform bill’s passage on Sunday, I went to Limbaugh’s site this morning and read his opening monologue, part of which said: Stupak is no different than Neville Chamberlain, who came back … Continue reading
Jonathan Rauch on the Contemporary GOP: “Barry Goldwater and Nelson Rockefeller got into an argument and George Wallace won”
Jonathan Rauch today posted a seminal analysis of the GOP in the light of George Wallace. A taste: Goldwater served for 30 years as a respected insider in Washington’s most exclusive club, the U.S. Senate; he was never interested in cultural and social … Continue reading
The far right’s effort to stall, in Congress, the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA), is getting desperate, warning that, should the legislation pass, heterosexuals might be forced, at their workplace, to share restrooms with people who are transgendered. This today from Mother Jones Online: … Continue reading
Remember “America, Love It or Leave It”? Rush Limbaugh’s Latest Trope on This Saying Amounts to This: “The Earth, Pollute It or Leave It!”
Rush Limbaugh, the titular head of the Republican Party, has brought the Far Reich’s “love it or leave it” trope to new heights, calling on a New York Times reporter to off himself if he has a problem with global pollution … Continue reading
How about WTF instead? The far right’s murderous id impulses toward President Barack Obama keep drifting to the surface, don’t they? This today at Alternet: On Saturday, a user on Facebook posted a poll asking, “Should Obama be killed?” The … Continue reading
Glenn Beck Racist Watch: Glenn Beck Declines an Opportunity to Explain What He Means by “White Culture”
Hilarious. Glenn Beck is asked to explain what he means when he talks about “white culture”, and words completely fail him. He is so full of shit. Watch him squirm at the question here. Oh, and it’s here at YouTube, … Continue reading
This today from The Hill : The Secret Service may investigate a fax sent to a Democratic lawmaker that depicts President Barack Obama as the Joker and warns of “death to all Marxists.” The black-and-white fax portrays Obama in makeup similar … Continue reading
A reader at Andrew Sullivan’s blog admits to taking a risk: I voted for Obama with my fingers crossed, because I knew that as the populist right lost power, they would become more extreme, more concentrated, and more violent. And … Continue reading
In Scranton Today, at a Palin Rally, Yet Another Person Yelled Out From the Crowd, “Kill Him!”—Referring to Obama
The Times-Tribune, a Pennsylvania newspaper, reports that, once again, a man attending a Palin rally, shouted out from among the crowd—“kill him”—referring to Obama: Chris Hackett addressed the increasingly feisty crowd as they await the arrival of Gov. Palin. Each … Continue reading
Reality Check: McCain Has His Work Seriously Cut Out for Him. And Because of His Age, Will McCain Really Have the Energy, Mental Alertness, and Physical Stamina to Turn This Map Around?
Electoral College: Obama 329, McCain 169 Toss-up 40 (270 to win) National popular vote: Obama 50.0%–42.0% McCain (Dark Blue (280): Obama +7.0% or more Lean Blue (49): Obama +2.6%-+6.9% White / Toss-up (40): Obama +2.5% to McCain +2.5% Lean Red … Continue reading