- 2,777,498 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: A German Jewish Girl Who Was Part of the Kindertransport (1939)
- Martha Nussbaum's Question: How Can We Activate Our Imaginative, Critical, And Moral Intelligences Against Invisibility?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 week ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: far right
. Some people think that Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity are sincere believers in God, and they take them at their word when they call themselves Christians. I don’t. I think that all three of them, in their religious … Continue reading
. Andrew Sullivan pairs this quote of Theodor Adorno to an image of Sarah Palin, but the quote works for Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck as well: The leader can guess the psychological wants and needs of those susceptible to his … Continue reading
Health Care Reform Hysteria Watch: Rush Limbaugh Equates Barack Obama with Hitler and Claims “America hangs by a thread”
Curious to read Rush Limbaugh’s take on the health care reform bill’s passage on Sunday, I went to Limbaugh’s site this morning and read his opening monologue, part of which said: Stupak is no different than Neville Chamberlain, who came back … Continue reading
Jonathan Rauch on the Contemporary GOP: “Barry Goldwater and Nelson Rockefeller got into an argument and George Wallace won”
Jonathan Rauch today posted a seminal analysis of the GOP in the light of George Wallace. A taste: Goldwater served for 30 years as a respected insider in Washington’s most exclusive club, the U.S. Senate; he was never interested in cultural and social … Continue reading
The far right’s effort to stall, in Congress, the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA), is getting desperate, warning that, should the legislation pass, heterosexuals might be forced, at their workplace, to share restrooms with people who are transgendered. This today from Mother Jones Online: … Continue reading
Remember “America, Love It or Leave It”? Rush Limbaugh’s Latest Trope on This Saying Amounts to This: “The Earth, Pollute It or Leave It!”
Rush Limbaugh, the titular head of the Republican Party, has brought the Far Reich’s “love it or leave it” trope to new heights, calling on a New York Times reporter to off himself if he has a problem with global pollution … Continue reading
How about WTF instead? The far right’s murderous id impulses toward President Barack Obama keep drifting to the surface, don’t they? This today at Alternet: On Saturday, a user on Facebook posted a poll asking, “Should Obama be killed?” The … Continue reading
Glenn Beck Racist Watch: Glenn Beck Declines an Opportunity to Explain What He Means by “White Culture”
Hilarious. Glenn Beck is asked to explain what he means when he talks about “white culture”, and words completely fail him. He is so full of shit. Watch him squirm at the question here. Oh, and it’s here at YouTube, … Continue reading
This today from The Hill : The Secret Service may investigate a fax sent to a Democratic lawmaker that depicts President Barack Obama as the Joker and warns of “death to all Marxists.” The black-and-white fax portrays Obama in makeup similar … Continue reading
A reader at Andrew Sullivan’s blog admits to taking a risk: I voted for Obama with my fingers crossed, because I knew that as the populist right lost power, they would become more extreme, more concentrated, and more violent. And … Continue reading
In Scranton Today, at a Palin Rally, Yet Another Person Yelled Out From the Crowd, “Kill Him!”—Referring to Obama
The Times-Tribune, a Pennsylvania newspaper, reports that, once again, a man attending a Palin rally, shouted out from among the crowd—“kill him”—referring to Obama: Chris Hackett addressed the increasingly feisty crowd as they await the arrival of Gov. Palin. Each … Continue reading
Reality Check: McCain Has His Work Seriously Cut Out for Him. And Because of His Age, Will McCain Really Have the Energy, Mental Alertness, and Physical Stamina to Turn This Map Around?
Electoral College: Obama 329, McCain 169 Toss-up 40 (270 to win) National popular vote: Obama 50.0%–42.0% McCain (Dark Blue (280): Obama +7.0% or more Lean Blue (49): Obama +2.6%-+6.9% White / Toss-up (40): Obama +2.5% to McCain +2.5% Lean Red … Continue reading