- 2,882,457 readers since June 2008
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ray Léonard on In praise of Chateauneuf (Voltaire’s godfather and tutor)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Genesis vs. Evolution--with Edward Feser to Religion's Rescue!
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- In Evolution We Trust?: England Puts Charles Darwin on the Back of Its Ten Pound Bank Note
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: feminist
Lawyer and philosopher Linda Hirshman thinks President Obama’s recent decision not to defend in court section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act is political gold for the Democrats. Here’s the link to her interesting article at Salon: http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/02/23/hirshman_obama_doma/index.html
A revelation and change of heart, and an example to other politicians facing tough decisions:
19-year-old Iowan college student Zach Wahls’s self-possession and public speaking ability is remarkable—and he was raised by a lesbian couple. Here he is defending his two mothers against a discriminatory law being proposed in his state:
Virginia Woolf (from A Room of One’s Own ): “All women together, ought to let flowers fall upon the grave of Aphra Behn . . . for it was she who earned them the right to speak their minds.” Here … Continue reading
Obama Conspiracy Theories “live within the computer and they fester in people’s minds”: After the Abortion Doctor and Holocaust Museum Shootings, Shepard Smith Worries About Obama’s Assassination by Far-Right Crazies in a Discussion with Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center
Is the authoritarian right on its way to a noxious repeat of the militia movement culture that culminated, in the 1990s, in the Oklahoma City bombing—only this time with the target being our first African American president? After the U.S. Holocaust … Continue reading
A methodical dismantling of anti-gay marriage claims and their disingenuous supports:
This quote today at Andrew Sullivan’s blog: “Twenty-five, thirty years ago, the barometer of human rights in the United States were black people. That is no longer true. The barometer for judging the character of people in regard to human … Continue reading
How Anti-Gay Marriage Sausage Is Made: Anti-Gay Rights Ad Audition Tapes are Leaked and Put on YouTube!
The making of an anti-gay rights ad ain’t pretty. First, you’ve got to find ACTORS who will PRETEND to be doctors, pastors, and besieged parents claiming that they are VICTIMS of pink fascism (that is, the gay rights movement). Here are the … Continue reading
OUT OF THE CLOSET: National Review Online Comes Out in Opposition to BOTH Gay Marriage and Civil Unions
National Review Online today conflated same-sex marriage and civil unions, declaring them both “unwise.” In other words, the editors of National Review not only oppose same-sex marriage, they oppose even civil recognition (and legal protection) of homosexual relationships: Vermont has … Continue reading
The Spiritual Mapping Movement and Proposition 8: 15,000 Nervy Attendees to an Anti-Gay Rally in San Diego Pray and Organize to Vote to Drive the Devil Out of California
Rex Wockner, a former Catholic seminarian, and now a journalist for numerous gay publications, did a fascinating photo-essay on this weekend’s YES ON PROPOSITION 8 anti-gay rights rally at Qualcom Stadium in San Diego. He found the crowd’s enthusiasm sometimes cult-like—and … Continue reading
One of his daughters is lesbian and married in California:
Four Minute Vacation: Got the Stock Market and McCain-Palin Funky Ticket Blues? Then Head on Down, with the B-52s, to the Love Shack!
Sarah Palin and the Wizard of Oz: Pay No Attention to That Woman Behind the Teleprompter Curtain! You’re Lucky That She Speaks to You at All!
The election is fast approaching, and Sarah Palin has yet to do any of the Sunday morning press interview shows, or hold a press conference. Is she the Great Oz?
Sarah Palin and Books: Maureen Dowd Takes in the Alaska Fundamentalist Literary and Censorship Scene
In the NY Times, Maureen Dowd snoops out the books on offer at Sarah Palin’s old church, and reports on an anti-gay conference in Anchorage sponsored by Palin’s congregation: I stopped by Sarah’s old Pentecostal church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, and perused … Continue reading
“This Could Be Ballgame Over”: CNN’s Jack Cafferty and His Viewers React to McCain’s Apparently Ill-Considered VP Pick, Sarah Palin
Gay Marriage Sensibility Watch: The Archbishop of Canterbury Says Key Issue is Sexual Fidelity to Your Partner, Not Orientation
On August 7, 2008, The Times of London, on its front page, reported that Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury and head of the worldwide Anglican Communion, believes that gay sexual relationships can “reflect the love of God” in a way that is comparable to … Continue reading