- 2,773,581 readers since June 2008
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- The Passion of the Christopher: Hitchens's Death Eerily Enacts That of Jesus's
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 3 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: You left something out @BillKristol- GOP's control (or partial control) of states like WI, PA, FL, OH, AZ, GA, MI) & a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Justin, a retired Army Ranger, explains why he left the GOP over Donald Trump: "I did five deployments in service of this na… 2 weeks ago
- #BlackLivesMatter. She's not backing down from "Master race dude." #SilenceIsDeath twitter.com/RachelBitecofe… 3 weeks ago
- RT @greg_doucette: Being armed with a water bottle gets you teargas and a bullet to the eye Being armed with an AR-15 gets you discreet pe… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Florida
Oh crap. This comes from Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight today: Mr. Obama led in four separate polls of Virginia on Sunday, three of which represented improvement from the prior polls issued by the same polling firms. Virginia has moved out … Continue reading
Recently posted on YouTube, the below video seems to be going viral. I actually find it refreshing–the real Mitt Romney, not knowing he’s being recorded, speaking his mind with uncensored combativeness. ___________ When he lets off some steam, Romney appears to … Continue reading
At FiveThirtyEight, Nate Silver explains why Mitt Romney is making a last-minute play for Pennsylvania: absent Ohio, it’s basically his sole remaining (plausible) route to at least 269 electoral votes. In a nutshell, here’s how Romney, according to Silver, gets … Continue reading
If true, this is a bad piece of late-breaking news for Mitt Romney. Concerning a weekend conference call, Howard Kurtz at The Daily Beast reports the following: On a conference call Saturday, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said his team had … Continue reading
Just have a look at where he’s scheduled to campaign on Monday, the day before the election. This is at the New York Times: Mr. Romney’s campaign officials said they were confident that he would win Florida. But they were … Continue reading
In contrast with Barack Obama’s itinerary this weekend, Mitt Romney’s seems rather odd. Here’s the Washington Post this morning: Romney set off on a swing from New Hampshire to Iowa to Colorado and, on Sunday, to Pennsylvania. Romney is making an … Continue reading
Nate Silver is the Stephen Hawking of the polling world, and with just days to go, his judgment concerning the state of the race for the presidency is short and sweet (if you are an Obama supporter): To argue that … Continue reading
A four-year-old responds to her mother (apparently a pollster): ___________ Philip Larkin’s “This Be the Verse”: They fuck you up, your mum and dad. They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had … Continue reading
More good luck for President Obama with just days to go before the election. The October jobs number is 171,000. Nate Silver now has Obama’s chance of reelection above 80%. Should Romney lose, Marc Ambinder expects these to be among the … Continue reading
Daniel Gross, a global business editor at Newsweek, explains: The U.S. economy, with its struggling jobs, housing, and auto sectors, were President Obama’s enemies through most of his term, and were poised to hammer him in the deciding weeks of … Continue reading
Errol Morris surveys attractive and trendy-looking 20-somethings about their voting attitudes.
It certainly appears so. This is at the New York Times today: Most Americans have never heard of the National Response Coordination Center, but they’re lucky it exists on days of lethal winds and flood tides. The center is the … Continue reading
How does Mitt Romney find a route to the presidency if he is losing Latino voters with a 52-point gap? Here’s news on the most recent Latino Decisions tracking poll: 87% of Latino voters say they are almost certain they … Continue reading
The following “emperor has no clothes” moment of truth-telling comes from a white Republican, Laurence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s former chief-of-staff: “My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people — not all of them, but most of them — who are … Continue reading
Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett’s Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
__________ Clay Bennett on Facebook Clay Bennet’s website
Mitt Romney is campaigning today in Florida. In Florida. And he’s in the county of Escambia in the Panhandle–the most conservative part of the state. What’s he doing there if his internal polling shows him in a strong position in … Continue reading
Here’s part of Robert Shrum’s take on the presidential election going into the final week: Romney can run, but he can’t hide—from the Bain ads that are on the air again in the Midwest, from the relentless Obama focus on … Continue reading
Mitt Romney and Richard Mourdock: BFF.
The revolt against the hippies.
United they stand.