- 2,885,883 readers since June 2008
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS - Essay Classes on Feminism for Beginners
- What does Lee Smolin mean when he says that the most fundamental theory can have no symmetries? – GrindSkills on Lee Smolin’s Time Reborn: Physics, Evolution, Atheism, and Buddhism
- Anon on Hanger 18: 1950s Military Clerk-Typist, June Crane, Claims That There Were Alien Bodies Stored at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio
- ra on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Mars on Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- lastunicorn5 on In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Rhianna on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Nevaeh on Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible’s “Night of the Living Dead” Passage
- Dogwhistle politics explained on A List Of Republican Dog Whistles That No Longer Seem To Work
- Why Do Christian Fundamentalists Burn Books – theologyarchaeology on Does the Bible Advocate Book Burning?
- Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Center on Feminism for Beginners
- Philosophy homework help - Coursework Heros on Feminism for Beginners
- Pat on Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help | Writings Gate on Feminism for Beginners
- mike on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Back to the Closet and Coat Hanger: Clay Bennett's Unsettling Image of a Mitt Romney Presidency Combined with Republican Control of Congress
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Two Saturns Eating Their Children
- Was Emily Dickinson an Atheist?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 year ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: gay rights
Calling Dr. Freud. This is in The New York Times today: “There’s a shared desire to come behind a candidate,” said Tony Perkins, the President of the Family Research Council, a national lobbying group that opposes abortion and equal rights … Continue reading
“Open for business to everyone!” If you’re a business owner and want to show support for gay equality, below is a link to run off a copy of the above sign to put in your storefront window. It comes via … Continue reading
He’s dead, but who was Fred Phelps, really? He was a logician; a logician made flesh; the reductio ad absurdum of the anti-gay rights movement. God hates fags. It’s right there in the Bible. Thus he believed, thus he preached, … Continue reading
American conservatives have a curious relationship with Vladimir Putin: they recognize him as a macho and authoritarian traditionalist (which they like), yet he’s not an American, but a Russian (which they don’t like). And in a recent article, Pat Buchanan … Continue reading
Jim Crow, Kansas style. In Kansas, Tea Party Republicans don’t just oppose gay marriage, they also favor a law that would allow business owners to discriminate against gay couples. The following bill is winding its way through the Kansas House … Continue reading
Gay and lesbian dignity and equality in the United States continues its historic progress. This is in The Wall Street Journal today: The Constitution prohibits excluding someone from a jury based on sexual orientation, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday, … Continue reading
Blue is the Warmest Color, a lesbian coming-of-age film, is three hours long, but Richard Corliss of Time calls it unmissable.
Speaking truth to power and standing up for the stigmatized and persecuted.
American evangelicals certainly think so, and a new documentary, God Loves Uganda, tells the story of their interaction with the country, and how that interaction is impacting cultural politics there (most especially in relation to a new death penalty law … Continue reading
The following was reported at The Huffington Post this week: Roger Gorley went to Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Tuesday to visit Allen, his partner of five years. But when he got there, a member of Allen’s … Continue reading
At National Review Online is the following description of the Violence against Women Act: “[It] includes provisions regarding homosexual, bisexual, and transgender victims of domestic violence.” This is true. And here’s Texas Congressman Steve Stockman’s reaction to the transgender part (as … Continue reading
As reported at the Huffington Post today, Andrew Koppelman, a law professor at Northwestern University, thinks the Supreme Court justices are likely to let stand a lower court ruling overturning Proposition 8 (California’s ban on gay marriage). Why? Because on … Continue reading
President Obama famously put an end to “don’t ask, don’t tell” (DADT), but can we be sure that it will remain a thing of the past if Mitt Romney becomes president? Nope. This is at the Daily Beast: Aubrey Sarvis, … Continue reading
Here’s the president of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, publicly claiming to focus on his chicken business, not supporting hatred of gay people: Dan T. Cathy @dancathy I’m keeping the main thing, the main thing. Chick-fil-A is about great food, great service and … Continue reading
He appears to have fingered the wrong culprit.
Andrew Sullivan’s reaction to a truly Christian president.
No “Las Vegas Of Gay Marriage”: Mitt Romney Boasts He Once Hindered Gay Marriage Through A Legal Maneuver
This is at the Daily Beast today: [Mitt] Romney bragged in a speech last winter about how, after the Massachusetts State Supreme Court legalized gay marriage there in 2003, he invoked an early 20th century law intended to prevent out-of-state … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan calls North Carolina’s anti-civil rights vote last night “the politics of spite” and writes the following: Absorbing the blow from last night is hard. If a victory for marriage equality happens, straight couples can go about their lives … Continue reading
Notice the religious dimension that was present in 1960s protests, but absent in the Occupy movement. Martin Luther King had Jesus to appeal to, a readily recognizable symbol in our culture of two key things: the receiving of suffering; and … Continue reading