- 2,824,781 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs's Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Two Interesting UFO Documents: The "Smith Memo" (1950) and Physicist Robert Sarbacher's 1983 Letter
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein for Beginners
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: gay
I recently watched the first two hours of a three hour documentary on the American women’s movement (I found it at a local library, then bought it at Amazon to have my own copy). It’s titled, Makers: Women Who Make … Continue reading
“Open for business to everyone!” If you’re a business owner and want to show support for gay equality, below is a link to run off a copy of the above sign to put in your storefront window. It comes via … Continue reading
He’s dead, but who was Fred Phelps, really? He was a logician; a logician made flesh; the reductio ad absurdum of the anti-gay rights movement. God hates fags. It’s right there in the Bible. Thus he believed, thus he preached, … Continue reading
Louis Crompton. Homosexuality and History (Harvard 2003), by Louis Crompton, is by far the best general history of homosexuality yet written, and in his chapter on the medieval world, he has a fascinating discussion of Thomas Aquinas’s and Dante’s treatment of … Continue reading
Jim Crow, Kansas style. In Kansas, Tea Party Republicans don’t just oppose gay marriage, they also favor a law that would allow business owners to discriminate against gay couples. The following bill is winding its way through the Kansas House … Continue reading
Law professor Andrew Koppelman of Northwestern is quoted this morning in The New York Times as saying the following: It is becoming increasingly clear to judges that if they rule against same-sex marriage their grandchildren will regard them as bigots. … Continue reading
Nicely, nicely said: Life is tragic simply because the earth turns, and the sun inexorably rises and sets, and one day, for each of us, the sun will go down for the last, last time. Perhaps the whole root of … Continue reading
The following was reported at The Huffington Post this week: Roger Gorley went to Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo., on Tuesday to visit Allen, his partner of five years. But when he got there, a member of Allen’s … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan goes after the canard that legalizing gay marriage might spike divorce rates in the United States: Washington State’s divorce rate [where gay marriage is already legal] is lower than Idaho’s [where it’s not]; divorce rates across the country … Continue reading
North Carolina Baptist Pastor Charles Worley’s Final Solution To The Gay Problem In America: Concentration Camps With Electrified Fences
I’m dumbfounded. This man claims to be a follower of Hitler Jesus. __________ If Charles Worley’s Baptist congregation is not independent, but part of a larger denominational affiliation of Baptist congregations, then it’s incumbent upon the leaders of this affiliation to speak … Continue reading
Every American election cycle seems to come with at least one socially conservative wedge issue that sharply divides right from left and draws (disproportionately right-wing) voters to the polls. Albert Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, predicts that 2012 will … Continue reading
Lawyer and philosopher Linda Hirshman thinks President Obama’s recent decision not to defend in court section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act is political gold for the Democrats. Here’s the link to her interesting article at Salon: http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/02/23/hirshman_obama_doma/index.html
19-year-old Iowan college student Zach Wahls’s self-possession and public speaking ability is remarkable—and he was raised by a lesbian couple. Here he is defending his two mothers against a discriminatory law being proposed in his state:
Qatar is one of the more liberal countries in the Islamic world, but hosting the World Cup in 2022 is still looking to be a tightrope walk for navigating the tensions inherent between Islam and the secular West. This was at Salon recently: … Continue reading
The religious right’s meltdown over the end of DADT continues apace. Here’s what “Baptist ethicist” Richard Land recently wrote to President Obama concerning the consequences of DADT repeal: [H]omosexual behavior cannot be normalized without rejecting God’s moral standards (Lev. 18:22; 20:13; … Continue reading
What would your older self say to your younger self, if you could? That’s the premise behind the It Gets Better Project: older gays and lesbians attempt to persuade gay and lesbian teens contemplating suicide to refrain and look with … Continue reading
At the New York Times this week, Ross Douthat tells us what Western marriage is, and why gays can’t play: This ideal holds up the commitment to lifelong fidelity and support by two sexually different human beings — a commitment … Continue reading
Here’s human rights attorney Ted Olson deflecting Chris Wallace’s bigoted anti-gay marriage talking points, one by one. Beautiful.