- 2,777,153 readers since June 2008
- barneybettyhill on Carl Sagan Looks Like an Alien and Wants Us to Believe That There are No Aliens Visiting Earth. Shouldn’t That Tell You Something?
- Glenn Hall on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- The Journey Starts Now: How To Discover What Motivates Us - Yellow Parachute Learning Partners on Human Beings are “Purpose Maximizers, Not Profit Maximizers”
- Anonymous on Walt Whitman: “To be indeed a God!”
- Commercial Project 1 from start to finish – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Learning Plan – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Commercial project: House of illustration competition – Meg Dobson-Armstrong Art on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dennis Gannon on “Male and Female Created He Them!”: Was Adam a Hermaphrodite? And Does That Explain How Eve Could Be Taken from Adam’s Body?
- Anonymous on UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- Janet on Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Children Lined up with Heads Shaved in a Croatian Concentration Camp
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Does Time Exist? Einstein, Julian Barbour, Lee Smolin, Some Greek Philosophers--And The New Data From The NASA Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Chance v. Conspiracy Theory Watch: Ezra Klein's Contingency Observations v. Matt Damon's "The Adjustment Bureau"
- James Wood: Literature Complexifies the Atheist-Theist Debate
- William Dembski: Noah's Flood May Have Been Global
- Suicide is Painless? Albert Camus's First Problem of Philosophy---and the Southern Novelist Walker Percy's Answer to It
- An Atheist Writes a Poem: Thomas Hardy's "Hap"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 6 days ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Trump cares more about dead traitors than live patriots. RT this @votevets ad & tell your followers https://t.co/OD5Z… 1 week ago
- RT @ltgrusselhonore: Make a note, We need to forbid police and federal agents from using military uniforms . The camo uniforms are meant to… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MeidasTouch: Hey @EricTrump, you know what they say, #BirdsofaFeather. Retweet to remind Eric that his dad is a sicko. https://t.co/Yb… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: geology
Holy crap! The GOP is putting forward Marco Rubio as a future President of the United States, and he can’t give an interviewer for GQ a straightforward answer to an elementary science question: GQ: How old do you think the Earth … Continue reading
On Earth as It Is on Mars: Curiosity Mars Rover is Heading for the Grand Canyon of Mars, and May Provide Strong Evidence Against Young Earth Creationism
Are you curious about Curiosity, NASA’s new Mars rover, scheduled to launch from Cape Canaveral, Fla., this month? Here’s part of a report in the Los Angeles Times about it: Curiosity will take 8.5 months to travel the 354 million … Continue reading
At Panda’s Thumb Jack Krebs has an interesting post on the famous IDer, William Dembski, and his apparent drift towards belief in young earth creationism, including the idea that Noah’s Flood was a global historical event. Krebs, for example, quotes William Dembski recently … Continue reading
La Brea Tar Pits’ Page Science Museum sells a pseudoscience product—“Mystery Marbles”—at its museum store
The George C. Page Museum, adjacent to the famous La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles, is a natural history museum devoted to the fossil discoveries drawn from the tar pits. In other words, it’s a place for science and … Continue reading
In a recent Newsweek interview, 2012 presidential hopeful, Republican Tim Pawlenty, appears to seriously entertain young Earth creationism: Well, you know I’m an evangelical Christian. I believe that God created everything and that he is who he says he was. … Continue reading
No need to hide the kids. They’re fossilized. But so reports the science journal Geology: Large quarrying surfaces of roofing slate in the Arouca Geopark (northern Portugal), formed under oxygen-depleted conditions, have yielded a unique Ordovician fossil lagerstätte that reveals … Continue reading
Part FISH, Part Four-Footed TETRAPOD: Professor Neil Shuban Explains the Transitional Fossil, TIKTAALIK
The predictive power of Darwin’s theory of evolution is illustrated in this brief video below:
The idea that the universe is eternally recycling itself over vast eons of time is an intuition about our cosmos that Hindus have long held, and at least some contemporary cosmologists may be arriving at a similar belief. This from … Continue reading
Edward Larson’s book, Evolution (Random House, 2004), is scientific, intellectual, and social history at its very best. The author seamlessly weaves: 1. basic recountings of the SCIENCE undergirding evolution, the BIOGRAPHIES of the scientists making contributions to evolutionary science, and the social CONTROVERSIES generated by evolution … Continue reading
55%: The Number of Americans Who Say That a Guardian Angel Has Protected Them from Harm (Source: USA Today)
Apparently Jews, during the Holocaust, and the school children who died in China’s earthquake this year, didn’t get the memo about the guardian angel protection plan. Why would guardian angels protect so many Americans from harm, but not do the same thing for so … Continue reading
Darwin Toast? I Mean, Really, Darwin on a Piece of Toast! Or on a Wall. Multitudes Make Pilgrimage to See the Great Scientist’s Mysterious Apparition
Today from the Onion: DAYTON, TN—A steady stream of devoted evolutionists continued to gather in this small Tennessee town today to witness what many believe is an image of Charles Darwin—author of The Origin Of Species and founder of the … Continue reading
Would Someone in the Press PLEASE Ask Sarah Palin a Simple Question: “Are You a YOUNG Earth Creationist?”
From her teen years forward, VP-pick Sarah Palin has attended church at fundamentalist denominations—most notably the Assemby of God denomination. In other words, she frequents churches that promote YOUNG earth creationism. She has also said emphatically that she believes that … Continue reading
Dealbreaker: Why Sarah Palin’s Apparent Belief in Young Earth Creationism Makes Her Unfit to Be A Health Crisis Away from the Presidency
I’ve heard some people say (and I’m paraphrasing), Sarah Palin may prove to be, not just someone who believes in God, or someone who believes that God plays a role in evolution. She may, rather, be someone who reads Genesis … Continue reading
We’ve long unveiled our Earth Mother, and easily stolen her oily milk and fruits. Maybe that’s over. Today, in the Los Angeles Times, is a front page article on the Peak Oil debate, in which dueling experts vociferously disagree with … Continue reading