- 2,759,730 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- In 1935, Were Cary Grant and Randolf Scott Sex Partners? No, But These Images Look Rather Camp
- Bearing Witness to the Holocaust: Propaganda Slide Depicting "Deformed" Children
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- About Santi Tafarella
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: habeus corpus
Scott Horton v. Stu Taylor:
A passage from one of the Bush era torture memos set to music: Waterboarding, by the way, as a torture method, goes back to the Spanish Inquisition. Here’s how Jonathan Kirsch describes waterboarding in his excellent and troubling 2008 Harper-Collins … Continue reading
Unsurprisingly, Rush Limbaugh offers a full throated authoritarian’s defense of torture. And please recall that the torture he condones is being done upon people who have been denied any due process. In other words, they may well be innocent of what the … Continue reading
Ian Fishback risked his career trying to get answers to the torture question. Andrew Sullivan calls Fishback’s letter, in 2005, a historic document, and thinks that Fishback should be TIME’s “Man of the Year.” Here’s Fishback’s letter: Dear Senator McCain: … Continue reading
Countdown to January 20th, 2009: Our Long National Nightmare is Almost Over, and We’ll Have Our Democracy Back Very Soon
If you haven’t seen the disorienting public television documentary, Torturing Democracy, it’s here. Putting an end to George Bush’s Pinochet-style torture regime is yet one more reason why Barack Obama’s election to the Presidency was so important this year.
Forbes Magazine Says That a US CITIZEN, Inside the US, Was Given GITMO-Style Torture on a Military Base, and Was Literally Driven INSANE. What’s Happened to Our Constitution Over the Past Eight Years? No 5th Amendment Protection Against Torture? No Habeus Corpus Rights for a US Citizen?
Forbes magazine, printing an AP report, says that: A U.S. military officer warned Pentagon officials that an American detainee was being driven nearly insane by months of punishing isolation and sensory deprivation in a U.S. military brig, according to documents … Continue reading
Obama Stands Up For the Constitution Against VP-Pick Sarah Palin’s Dismissive Cynicism Toward Habeus Corpus (Due Process on Being Taken into Custody)
When Sarah Palin spoke at the 2008 Republican Convention she made a dismissive comment (in the speech written for her) about reading Miranda-like rights to captured terror suspects. And on Sept. 8, 2008, The Washington Post reported Barack Obama’s retort. … Continue reading