- 2,820,330 readers since June 2008
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Laurie on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897) – What I'm reading on Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane’s “The Open Boat” (1897)
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- "Courtly Love, Or, Woman As Thing": How To Do Lacanian Analysis Like Slavoj Zizek (Or, At Least Understand What He's Getting At When He Does)
- "We Rule You, We Fool You": Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled "Pyramid of Capitalist System"
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- UFOs, Aliens, and Religious Art
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Donna Haraway's Question: Would I Rather Be A Goddess Or A Cyborg?
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- What is an Etiological Narrative? And Might Confusion About Its Nature Be the Source for Fundamentalist Religion?
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 6 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: habeus corpus
Scott Horton v. Stu Taylor:
A passage from one of the Bush era torture memos set to music: Waterboarding, by the way, as a torture method, goes back to the Spanish Inquisition. Here’s how Jonathan Kirsch describes waterboarding in his excellent and troubling 2008 Harper-Collins … Continue reading
Unsurprisingly, Rush Limbaugh offers a full throated authoritarian’s defense of torture. And please recall that the torture he condones is being done upon people who have been denied any due process. In other words, they may well be innocent of what the … Continue reading
Ian Fishback risked his career trying to get answers to the torture question. Andrew Sullivan calls Fishback’s letter, in 2005, a historic document, and thinks that Fishback should be TIME’s “Man of the Year.” Here’s Fishback’s letter: Dear Senator McCain: … Continue reading
Countdown to January 20th, 2009: Our Long National Nightmare is Almost Over, and We’ll Have Our Democracy Back Very Soon
If you haven’t seen the disorienting public television documentary, Torturing Democracy, it’s here. Putting an end to George Bush’s Pinochet-style torture regime is yet one more reason why Barack Obama’s election to the Presidency was so important this year.
Forbes Magazine Says That a US CITIZEN, Inside the US, Was Given GITMO-Style Torture on a Military Base, and Was Literally Driven INSANE. What’s Happened to Our Constitution Over the Past Eight Years? No 5th Amendment Protection Against Torture? No Habeus Corpus Rights for a US Citizen?
Forbes magazine, printing an AP report, says that: A U.S. military officer warned Pentagon officials that an American detainee was being driven nearly insane by months of punishing isolation and sensory deprivation in a U.S. military brig, according to documents … Continue reading
Obama Stands Up For the Constitution Against VP-Pick Sarah Palin’s Dismissive Cynicism Toward Habeus Corpus (Due Process on Being Taken into Custody)
When Sarah Palin spoke at the 2008 Republican Convention she made a dismissive comment (in the speech written for her) about reading Miranda-like rights to captured terror suspects. And on Sept. 8, 2008, The Washington Post reported Barack Obama’s retort. … Continue reading