- 2,824,542 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- Shakespeare, James Joyce, and the Dirty Encoding in Britney Spears's "If U Seek Amy"
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: health care reform
Barack Obama’s signature on the health care bill.
After the passage of health care reform, Barack Obama’s job approval number has markedly risen. See Gallup here.
David Frum says climate. That would make the Republican Party not an elephant, but potentially a dinosaur, right?
John Boehner’s “Hell no you can’t!” as a Republican refrain worked into Will.i.am’s “Yes we can” song. Tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks: Oh, and yes we did.
And we did. John Boehner added to the classic Will.i.am song: The above reminds me of the Beatles song where Paul McCartney sings sunnily “It’s getting better all the time” accompanied by John Lennon singing “It can’t get much worse!”
No wonder the president has been smiling all day. As you might expect, now that the health care reform bill has actually passed, the public’s approval of it has markedly improved. This is what the Democrats were banking on all along, … Continue reading
. More than a few thoughtful political observers think Barack Obama’s health care reform success secures the place of his presidency in history. Here are three: Matthew Yglesias: Now that it’s done, Barack Obama will go down in history as … Continue reading
This old Disney cartoon short is oddly soothing, but is that Republican John Boehner as Foxy Loxy (at the 2:30 point)? Oops. It doesn’t embed. See it at YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdhN_pXTsc
Now that the Democrats appear to have achieved a victory on health care reform some Republicans are, well, freaking out with end-of-the-world hysteria. This today in the Hill: Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.) explained that “this is too big. We believe that this … Continue reading
So according to the Hill, and now according to Stupak himself. The Republicans appear to be Wile E. Coyote. They made a political calculation that obstinate resistance to health care reform would prove a political winner for them, and now it seems … Continue reading
Republicans think that the passage of health care reform will deliver them an overwhelming electoral sweep of both houses of Congress in November. Have they gone mad? Here’s Politico yesterday. You would think that they had actually achieved something historic by … Continue reading
MIT economist Jonathan Gruber is an expert on the economics of health care and his explanation of the dynamics underlying the debates surrounding health care reform is exceptionally clarifying. After listening to Jonathan Gruber you understand just how improbable and … Continue reading
Slip sliding away. Republicans, watching undecideds break for Obamacare, are starting to name call, a sure sign that their year-long campaign to upend Barack Obama’s presidency and agenda is about to fail in a most pleasing-to-behold and spectacular fashion. The … Continue reading
Here’s what health care reform means: stabilizing for millions of Americans one of the verities of human existence (illness), and without ballooning deficits. This is how the Democrats are about to drive the Republican Party into irrelevancy, by delivering the goods. And I … Continue reading
The latest lovely image of Barack Obama, stepping into a coffin, the word “KILL” in large red letters alongside a caricature of his face, courtesy of some sick racist at a “Code Red” Tea Party protest in Washington, March 16, 2010:
Health care reform and Barack Obama: Howard Fineman thinks Barack Obama’s stock is destined to rise big time, especially if health care reform passes
Apparently based on health care reform’s revived prospects, Howard Fineman says this: If I were a broker and Barack Obama were a stock, I’d have a one-word piece of advice today: buy. Republicans should be scared. Very scared. Democrats are … Continue reading
If what Greg Sargent is reporting today is true, American politics is on the verge of a seismic shift: In her most expansive case yet for health reform, Nancy Pelosi argued in a small roundtable with bloggers today that passing … Continue reading