- 2,759,166 readers since June 2008
- Jim Loving on Robert Wright on Osiris, Jesus, Dives, and Lazarus
- longviewhypnosis on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- frauposaune on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Andre Fruge on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Dave on Barack Obama: The Leopard in the Book of Daniel?
- Aletha Balke on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- De Seksuele Sociale Norm - ilvy.com on What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Kelsey on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Fake People, Pure Product - Ordinary Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Afterlife’ Debuts in New ‘Dickinson’ Trailer - Screen Times on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- fred on Have Yourself a Maoist Little Christmas?
- Les on Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris: Is This What a Rising Christian Political Star Looks Like?
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- End Times Hysteria Watch: Lyn Benedetto Allegedly Tried to Kill Her Daughters to Save Them from The Tribulation
- How Many People Could the Ancient Colosseum in Rome Hold?
- "The Vision of Christ That Thou Dost See": William Blake on the Many Faces of Jesus
- Existential Absurdity in Stephen Crane's "The Open Boat" (1897)
- Evolution? The Fossils Say Yes: A Book Review of Donald Prothero's "Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters" (Columbia University Press 2007)
- Is Atheism Just the Denial of Gods?
- Information and Entropy for Beginners
- Woke Fanatics? Essentialists vs. Nominalists
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.10: Emerson’s “Circles”
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.9: Imitation And Emulation With An Eye On Competition
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.8: Selection And Editing
- A Mini-Course In Rhetoric For Writers. Concept 2.7: Audience And Rhetorical Strategy
- AOC says it well. twitter.com/CNN/status/108… 1 year ago
- nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 year ago
- RT @mrchan: So much has changed in America, and yet so much hasn't https://t.co/x2mthUr4Kc 1 year ago
- Perfect. twitter.com/newsundayheral… 3 years ago
- RT @goldenglobes: At tonight's #GoldenGlobes we honor Hollywood legend Meryl Streep with the prestigious Cecil B. Demille Award. https://t.… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: health care reform
Barack Obama’s signature on the health care bill.
After the passage of health care reform, Barack Obama’s job approval number has markedly risen. See Gallup here.
David Frum says climate. That would make the Republican Party not an elephant, but potentially a dinosaur, right?
John Boehner’s “Hell no you can’t!” as a Republican refrain worked into Will.i.am’s “Yes we can” song. Tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks: Oh, and yes we did.
And we did. John Boehner added to the classic Will.i.am song: The above reminds me of the Beatles song where Paul McCartney sings sunnily “It’s getting better all the time” accompanied by John Lennon singing “It can’t get much worse!”
No wonder the president has been smiling all day. As you might expect, now that the health care reform bill has actually passed, the public’s approval of it has markedly improved. This is what the Democrats were banking on all along, … Continue reading
. More than a few thoughtful political observers think Barack Obama’s health care reform success secures the place of his presidency in history. Here are three: Matthew Yglesias: Now that it’s done, Barack Obama will go down in history as … Continue reading
This old Disney cartoon short is oddly soothing, but is that Republican John Boehner as Foxy Loxy (at the 2:30 point)? Oops. It doesn’t embed. See it at YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdhN_pXTsc
Now that the Democrats appear to have achieved a victory on health care reform some Republicans are, well, freaking out with end-of-the-world hysteria. This today in the Hill: Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.) explained that “this is too big. We believe that this … Continue reading
So according to the Hill, and now according to Stupak himself. The Republicans appear to be Wile E. Coyote. They made a political calculation that obstinate resistance to health care reform would prove a political winner for them, and now it seems … Continue reading
Republicans think that the passage of health care reform will deliver them an overwhelming electoral sweep of both houses of Congress in November. Have they gone mad? Here’s Politico yesterday. You would think that they had actually achieved something historic by … Continue reading
MIT economist Jonathan Gruber is an expert on the economics of health care and his explanation of the dynamics underlying the debates surrounding health care reform is exceptionally clarifying. After listening to Jonathan Gruber you understand just how improbable and … Continue reading
Slip sliding away. Republicans, watching undecideds break for Obamacare, are starting to name call, a sure sign that their year-long campaign to upend Barack Obama’s presidency and agenda is about to fail in a most pleasing-to-behold and spectacular fashion. The … Continue reading
Here’s what health care reform means: stabilizing for millions of Americans one of the verities of human existence (illness), and without ballooning deficits. This is how the Democrats are about to drive the Republican Party into irrelevancy, by delivering the goods. And I … Continue reading
The latest lovely image of Barack Obama, stepping into a coffin, the word “KILL” in large red letters alongside a caricature of his face, courtesy of some sick racist at a “Code Red” Tea Party protest in Washington, March 16, 2010:
Health care reform and Barack Obama: Howard Fineman thinks Barack Obama’s stock is destined to rise big time, especially if health care reform passes
Apparently based on health care reform’s revived prospects, Howard Fineman says this: If I were a broker and Barack Obama were a stock, I’d have a one-word piece of advice today: buy. Republicans should be scared. Very scared. Democrats are … Continue reading
If what Greg Sargent is reporting today is true, American politics is on the verge of a seismic shift: In her most expansive case yet for health reform, Nancy Pelosi argued in a small roundtable with bloggers today that passing … Continue reading