- 2,824,533 readers since June 2008
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nerd My Essay on Feminism for Beginners
- Grace on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- W.C. Billingsworth III on Blogging UFOs: What Do You Make of Professor Robert Jacobs’s Bizarre UFO Testimony?
- Ruby Walker on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help – Know Essays on Feminism for Beginners
- Eric Ciaremelo on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Bernie was right! - deepredpond on “We Rule You, We Fool You”: Classic 1911 Poster Depicting Capitalism Titled “Pyramid of Capitalist System”
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Nursing Essays Writings on Feminism for Beginners
- Andrew Clunn on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Anonymous on Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - Georgia Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- L. on Albert Camus: The Absurd, Rebellion, Freedom, Passion, and Solidarity
- Philosophy homework help - Graduate Papers on Feminism for Beginners
- Answer the questions | Philosophy homework help - thenursinggurus on Feminism for Beginners
- Chittwood2 on Trump’s New Cancel Culture: Cancelling Black Voters
- Emily Dickinson, Lesbian?: Her Letter to Susan Gilbert, in June of 1852, Might Tell Us Less Than You Think
- What, Exactly, Is Wrong With Bestiality?
- Clit Rubbing Bonobos: A Clue to the Evolutionary Origin of Human Homosexuality?
- Walt Whitman: "To be indeed a God!"
- Dissipation-Driven Adaptive Organization: Is Jeremy England The Next Charles Darwin?
- Matthew 27:51-53: The Bible's "Night of the Living Dead" Passage
- "The Poet's Eye in Fine Frenzy Rolling": Shakespeare and the Origin of Religion
- "Assassins of the Mind": Christopher Hitchens's Essay on Muslim Fundamentalist Violence, and Threats of Violence, Toward Authors and Publishers, Is a Must Read
- This Hans Holbein Painting of Christ after Crucifixion Sparked Fyodor Dostoevsky's Imagination
- God Shadowed By Emptiness: Thomas Aquinas vs. The Buddhist Nagarjuna
- @abrahampiper Yahweh as a frustrated deity, much to be pitied! Abraham Piper's insight here, if thought about as a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @tbonier: More than 80M votes cast and we're not done yet. Thoughts: - It's too late for an "October surprise" to have a significant imp… 7 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: 1. Want to thank @DanielNewman for using his HUGE platform for this work. I want to clarify what this is. In the voter… 9 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Tell me again about how old and feeble Joe Biden is??? twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 10 months ago
- RT @RachelBitecofer: Remember when you had a chance to choose country over party and you chose party @SenatorCollins? Well, @ProjectLincol… 10 months ago
Tag Archives: Hebrew Bible
This past week, the Chronicle Review had a long piece on Yale Professor David Gelernter (“technological guru, conservative polemicist, Unabomber target”) and his new book on the Jewish faith, titled Judaism: A Way of Being (Yale 2009): In Judaism, Gelernter zeroes … Continue reading
Biblical scholars see parallels between the creation story of Genesis chapter 1 and the Mesopotamian Enuma Elish. Here’s an example: Parallels like the one above suggest that Genesis 1 was written by a Jew living in Babylonian exile, and that the story … Continue reading
Mel Brooks has a theory:
At the PBS website, the NOVA documentary, The Bible’s Buried Secrets, has become available on DVD. The program, through interviews with some of the most well-known biblical archeologists in the world, surveys the grand scope of the biblical narrative, from … Continue reading
Critical Thinking Watch: One Reason I’m Skeptical of the Claim That “Jesus Fulfilled Prophecies Made About Him in the Old Testament”
Here’s the claim: Passages in the Hebrew Bible, such as Isaiah 53, foresaw the life and death of Jesus—and thus constitute strong evidence that the Bible is a miraculous book. Why I’m skeptical: The Jewish scriptures were read carefully by the authors of the New … Continue reading
“If You Look at the Israelites, That’s How They Work—And That’s How They Are Even Today”: Thomas Muthee, Sarah Palin’s Witch Hunting Pastor, May Be Hurting McCain with the Jewish Vote in Florida
In 2005, just before Thomas Muthee prayed over Sarah Palin to protect her from “witchcraft,” he talked to the Wasilla Assembly of God congregation about the need for Christians to take over, from unbelievers and “Israelites,” the running of the global … Continue reading